Panasonic FZ-1 Unit won't play games.. Pops them out

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
comptalk
SPAMMER

Panasonic FZ-1 Unit won't play games.. Pops them out

Post by comptalk » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:18 am

For some reason, my trusty old Panasonic FZ-1 Unit won't play games anymore. As soon as I load them, the unit spits it out within a minute. Any ideas on how to fix?

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:06 am

Have you tried opening it up and cleaning the lens with a Q-tip and 91% isopropyl? That'd be step one, anyway. (Unfortunately there isn't really a step two, unless you're very handy with electronics.)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Re: Panasonic FZ-1 Unit won't play games.. Pops them out

Post by Trev » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:51 pm

comptalk wrote:For some reason, my trusty old Panasonic FZ-1 Unit won't play games anymore. As soon as I load them, the unit spits it out within a minute. Any ideas on how to fix?
This topic has been discussed before, so if you look through some of the posts in the Technical Support section it should give you some ideas.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Calavera3DO
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera3DO » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi comptalk,

as here is not much life in the forum I just want to let you know I have not a solution but the same problem :lol:

Today I got an old Goldstar (PAL, complete in grey) - it looks nice and the CD tray opens and closes fine and smooth - but after laying in a CD - the screen changes to the 3DO sign appears, some seconds (maybe 5 or so) nothing happens and then the CD tray opens automaticly to give me the cd back... :?

Well, so I didn´t opend the 3DO yet but if I find a solution I will let you know...

Cheers
Calavera3DO

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Ribbon cable
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

Calavera3DO
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera3DO » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:42 pm

ok - ok - ribbon cable... huh??? hah??? :shock:

And now? some posts here? I must go and google...

But meanwhile I opend the 3DO - so if I open and close without CD the lence and laser makes some minor movements - if I put a CD in it starts spinning for two or three times but always stops again just after starting. After three times the CD is thrown out...

Hard to fix?
Last edited by Calavera3DO on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calavera3DO
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera3DO » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:04 pm

Well just didn´t find a solution... I striped the complete unit - the ribbon cable seems to be o.k. (as I can see) I just pulled it out and fixed it again - without any changes.

I now saw, that the battery is leaking... you can just see it if you look form down upways - luckily it doesent looks like there is any damage on the board... (well I know some Amiga accumulators... hell!) So as I just right don´t know what function the battery has - could it be it is the reason for the problem? I definately have to change it!

Otherways I just have no idea... :cry:

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Goldstars & Sanyos 99 % ribbon cable issues 1 % laser , especially if burnt discs repeatedly used - this has all been addressed in previous posts.
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG