Need help with my Fz-1, music slowing down when playing Gex.

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
Acrof
3DO ZERO USER

Need help with my Fz-1, music slowing down when playing Gex.

Post by Acrof » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:58 pm

Just bought myself a "new" 3DO, and decided to buy the FZ-1 this time (my previous one was a Fz-10) and to go with it I also bought a japanese Gex disc.

Strangely, when it gets to the title screen the music goes slow motion for some reason and the music gets all messed up during gameplay.
I noticed that happens after a sound effect is played during the BGM.
In the title screen, it happens when the spray shows up, and during the levels it happens when I use his tongue or tail.

I was afraid the disc was damaged, so I burned a NTSC copy, but the problem persisted, tried with another CD-R brand, with another ISO, in a different PC and with a different program, but it didn't work either.

The I repeated the proccess above with a PAL version of the game, but it's no use, the music is still messed up.

Finally I decided to take it appart, and I cleaned the lens with a Q-tip and alcohol, but the problem persisted.

What else could cause this kind of problem?

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:04 am

Maybe a stupid question, but do you still have the FZ-10 to compare your original game and copies with? Then you'd know for sure there is something wrong with your FZ-1

Acrof
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Acrof » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:36 pm

I don't have my Fz-10 anymore, I sold it 5 years ago. =P

Anyways, I remeber my Fz-10 could run copies flawlessly and using the exact same brand of CD-R I'm using right now.

I think I'll try to burn a copy again, this time using Verbatim Music CD-Rs.
They are 4-6X more expensive than a normal CD-R, but depending on your recorder quality, they produce original-like copies.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:23 pm

The laser over time will start to absolutly hate reading CDR discs. My FZ-1 will pretty much not play them anymore. Last time I used my 3do It still read orginals fine. It might not even read originals anymore though. I haven't hooked it up in at least a year and a half.