Road Rash - Building textures stop loading (FZ-10)

Got a problem with your 3DO? Ask!
ILUV3DO
3DO ZERO USER

Road Rash - Building textures stop loading (FZ-10)

Post by ILUV3DO » Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:55 pm

Hello,

Not sure how active this board is. Looks like there hasn't been any activity in about a year? I was hoping someone could answer a question for me. When playing Road Rash on my FZ-10, the game seems to run fine for a bit, and then after a while, building textures intermittently stop loading, resulting in some of the building just being flat gray boxes. As I continue playing, the issue gets progressively worse with more and more building textures not populating. Eventually, sidewalk textures stop generating as well. If I keep on going, the game seems to outrace it's ability to load any textures and eventually, it freezes.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced this, and does it mean my 3DO is dying? I bought a beautiful, mint condition system about 3 years ago that was still boxed with styrofoam, plastic and inserts. It looks gorgeous and it would be heartbreaking to lose it. I haven't really noticed it as much with other games. Maybe a few slight aberrations in System Shock. Guardian War and Soccer Kid seem to play fine, but they are not really 3D intensive. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!
"Logic is the ultimate weapon!"

-Prowl (Autobot, Military Strategist)

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Re: Road Rash - Building textures stop loading (FZ-10)

Post by a31chris » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:59 pm

Hmm. Have you done the usual? Check for clean disc etc?
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman