The saddest list ever...unreleased 3do games.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

AfterDark3DO

Post by AfterDark3DO » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:58 pm

Out of all listed titles, this one:
|| Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3||
Really caught my attention. It would have been pretty sweet to see UMK3 ported to the 3DO, not only for the game's own power, but because of would have probably been the most decent fighting game for the console. Not sure how controlling would have turned out though.

Another one I would have been interested in seeing for 3DO is:
||Fast Draw Showdown ||
Would have been just like any other ALG games released for 3DO, still would have found it mostly appealing.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:49 pm

AfterDark3DO wrote:Out of all listed titles, this one:
Really caught my attention. It would have been pretty sweet to see UMK3 ported to the 3DO, not only for the game's own power, but because of would have probably been the most decent fighting game for the console.
I would have liked to see the game ported to 3DO, but I think it would have a hard time topping Super Street Fighter 2, or even Samurai Shodown as 3DO's best fighting game.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

AfterDark3DO

Post by AfterDark3DO » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:43 pm

Trev wrote:
AfterDark3DO wrote:Out of all listed titles, this one:
Really caught my attention. It would have been pretty sweet to see UMK3 ported to the 3DO, not only for the game's own power, but because of would have probably been the most decent fighting game for the console.
I would have liked to see the game ported to 3DO, but I think it would have a hard time topping Super Street Fighter 2, or even Samurai Shodown as 3DO's best fighting game.
I think that a good port of UMK3 (minimally as good as the Saturn port) would have topped SS and given SSF2 a hard time as to determining the best fighting game for the 3DO.
I myself have always preferred MK over SF (SNES, Genesis), but cannot deny the quality of 3DO's port of one of the best versions of the SF saga ever released. As to SS, not really a fan, but think MK will always be superior.

nixzero
3DO ZERO USER

Post by nixzero » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:46 am

:shock:

I just spent the past 15 minutes looking at Duelin' Firemen videos on YouTube...

The fact that this game was never released is the biggest travesty in the history of videogames... :cry:

It seems like they had a lot of footage for this game, does anyone know how far along production was? Also, where did this footage come from?? (I'm hoping it's from an unfinished proto disc...)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:16 am

"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"