2 boring questions

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

MichaelUK
3DO ZERO USER

2 boring questions

Post by MichaelUK » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:18 pm

Oh man I'm so glad I found a forum for the 3DO really, internet is just one of the best thing in the world

Well I recently acquired a panasonic fz-1 3DO with the game super street fighter 2 turbo on it.

First boring question:
Right I just don't have instructions so how do I stop playing? do i hit the button power or i open the cd driver and then press power? because I don't want to damage the console, and I was wondering about it really.

Second boring question:
The console came with a three ways lead cable(white, yellow and red). My tv is a very modern flat one and has at the back of it 5 holes for it ( a green, blue, red, orange and white but no yellow). So so far I've tried every combination. The sound is perfect but screen isn't good at all and it is in black and white.
Question: What do I need to change? Get another cable? Get a different cable? Get another older television?

Pls I'm sure I'm boring with these questions but the thing is when I was little I really wanted to buy a 3DO to be able to play street fighter and now 15 years later lol I just did it. But I would appreciate if I could have colours on the screen tho.

any advice ? cheers!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:36 pm

Hello Mate,

just switch it off. I always have. 14 years loyal service and no problems to report :)

As for the cable. DOes your TV have a scart socket? You can get composite (yellow, white and red) to scart adapters. The PS2 and the original Xbox came with one - you can perhaps use that.

Oh by the way - don't play SF2 with the standard 3do pad. It will make you cry. Try to get a capcom pad or a Panasonic Arcade stick :)

All the best!

3DO Kid.

MichaelUK
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MichaelUK » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:43 pm

Hello mate,

Thanks for your fast answer, really brilliant.

I tried the scart adaptor but nothing works at all with it.

I think I'm off to buy an old tv mate honestly I'm gonna try that

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:53 am

Oh by the way - don't play SF2 with the standard 3do pad. It will make you cry. Try to get a capcom pad or a Panasonic Arcade stick
Agreed. I love my arcade stick.

Welcome to the forum.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:01 am

If your TV has an s-video port you could use that... Just another possiblity.

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:58 am

MichaelUK wrote:Hello mate,

Thanks for your fast answer, really brilliant.

I tried the scart adaptor but nothing works at all with it.

I think I'm off to buy an old tv mate honestly I'm gonna try that
If the adaptor had a switch change it and make sure you choose the video input to your tv.

thornton_s
3DO ZERO USER

Post by thornton_s » Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:22 pm

Are you based in the UK (never seen a tv with 5 inputs, is the TV from the UK?), as i have also had this problem with an imported Japanese console, the screen is black & white due to the NTSC playback not being supported by PAL TV's. The only option is to get hold of a TV or monitor with NTSC support.

Game.com
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Game.com » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:38 am

The 5 sockets at the back of your lcd/plasma are for HD video as in a 360 or ps3 !

Try looking at the side of the tv thats were mine are and i still have my xbox plugged in.

Hope this info helps.