Older Games?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Older Games?

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:25 am

Are we getting any more releases from these guys anyone know?

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Older Games?

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:20 am

3DOKid wrote:Are we getting any more releases from these guys anyone know?
I sent them a few e-mails asking this as well and haven't heard anything at all back from them. They did judt release Frog Feast for the Jaguar CD though.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:49 am

We need Frog Feast for the 3DO! Every other console seems to be getting a version, why not us?

T2K, you said something about Good deal games having some 3DO games in limbo. Any news now that encryption has been cracked?

cdoty
Bringer of game signing

Post by cdoty » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:06 am

Trev wrote:We need Frog Feast for the 3DO! Every other console seems to be getting a version, why not us?
There's two BIG reasons:

1) 3DO Testing or Dev. stations are very hard to come by, unless your willing to pay $300 for one. Freedo can be used for 90% of the development, but that doesn't ensure it will work correctly on a real system.

2) And, the 3DO encryption technology, from mnemonic (however the f* you spell it), is very tightly controlled. And, can't be used to develop a title.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:51 am

...But obviously the encryption is reverse engineered from the Game Guru boot loader. I guessed it worked like the swap-dsic thing on the old Playstation. (I might have guess wrong) Do you remember? You would insert an original PS1 game, let it start, hold down the lid button with a bluetac and then pop in the gold disc PS1 game. From what I saw of Powerslide, something similiar was going on. The game was the game loading with the Game Guru boot screen, then the actual game, in the case Powerslide, was loading. I'm sure some clever folks could figure out what's going on.

cdoty
Bringer of game signing

Post by cdoty » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:02 am

3DOKid wrote:...But obviously the encryption is reverse engineered from the Game Guru boot loader. I guessed it worked like the swap-dsic thing on the old Playstation. (I might have guess wrong) Do you remember? You would insert an original PS1 game, let it start, hold down the lid button with a bluetac and then pop in the gold disc PS1 game. From what I saw of Powerslide, something similiar was going on. The game was the game loading with the Game Guru boot screen, then the actual game, in the case Powerslide, was loading. I'm sure some clever folks could figure out what's going on.
Yeah, I have one of the PS1 disks.

I'm not sure if the encryption has anything to do with the Game Guru, or not. It could've only contained the launch screen from the disk.

Game Guru only affects save ram, it doesn't allow you to insert a disk and play a game. That was my initial thought also. Even the advanced menu offers no cd booting options.

The only problem with using Game Guru, is that any changes to the data would cause the encryption to fail. Although, from some simple tests, the 3DO appears to verify random areas of the CD each time (similar to the Jaguar CD). So, it would seem feasible to override one of the system utilities and expect it to boot up most of the time.

And, all of the testing can be done in Freedo, since it's a software based encryption system.

Mobius

Re: Older Games?

Post by Mobius » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:31 am

3DOKid wrote:Are we getting any more releases from these guys anyone know?
Yes.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:13 pm

"Yes" you know? or "Yes" I agree we should ask someone if the older games guys are getting anything else for us?

And if "yes" you know - then what is it please. Pretty please. Please?

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:12 am

3DOKid wrote:"Yes" you know? or "Yes" I agree we should ask someone if the older games guys are getting anything else for us?

And if "yes" you know - then what is it please. Pretty please. Please?
:wink:

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:38 am

Mobius wrote: :wink:
What is this supposed to mean? :( :(

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:48 am

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 hahahaha

I wish...

BryWI