Questions for OlderGames

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Questions for OlderGames

Post by Trev » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:34 pm

I have 3 questions relating to the new, and fututre 3DO releases ....

1) Were the # copies of Decathalon based on when you ordered them? (I got # 48 but placed my order when there was still a dozen or so copies available) Either way, I like the game quite a bit, despite the occasional freezing.

2) I tried the IceBreaker bonus dvd on 2 different players w/no success ... any thoughts?

3) Seems like frog feast is coming out for multiple systems. What are the chances for a 3DO version?

Keep up the good work! :)

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Questions for OlderGames

Post by Lemmi » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:39 pm

Trev wrote:I have 3 questions relating to the new, and fututre 3DO releases ....
1) Were the # copies of Decathalon based on when you ordered them? (I got # 48 but placed my order when there was still a dozen or so copies available) Either way, I like the game quite a bit, despite the occasional freezing.

3) Seems like frog feast is coming out for multiple systems. What are the chances for a 3DO version?

Keep up the good work! :)
i dont think the numbers were based on when you ordered it, because i mailed my order in and i got #3 and he had about 20 left when i sent my money to them

this is from digitpress
Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper

Jesus Christ, how many ports of Frog Feast have to come out before there's enough?! Is the demand for the game THAT HIGH?!

(And yes, that is a joke. Kinda. Are you trying to beat Pac-Man's record?!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From oldergames
It's a labor of love. I think Mr. Doty is aiming to port it to
about 50 more platforms and then make a two player version
that has online score keeping and a bread maker attachment.
and the Jag just got its port now :)
i will just play my original atari 2600 version :D
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

cdoty
Bringer of game signing

Post by cdoty » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:17 pm

Trev wrote:3) Seems like frog feast is coming out for multiple systems. What are the chances for a 3DO version?
I've considered developing it for the 3DO, just not sure if there's a demand for it.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:32 am

cdoty wrote:
Trev wrote:3) Seems like frog feast is coming out for multiple systems. What are the chances for a 3DO version?
I've considered developing it for the 3DO, just not sure if there's a demand for it.
I would order it. It would be cool to see another 3DO game out there.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:42 am

cdoty wrote:
Did you get a 3DO development environment up and working? Or would you avoid the official SDK because it includes copyrighted code?

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:25 am

And for #2, it looks like the DVD just has the video of the creator introducing the game -- the same video that's up on YouTube. So, you're not missing much.

cdoty
Bringer of game signing

Post by cdoty » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:54 pm

Mobius wrote:Did you get a 3DO development environment up and working? Or would you avoid the official SDK because it includes copyrighted code?
Yep, I got it set up under Basilisk II.

I would probably use the SDK, since it seems pretty straight forward.

Once MESS 3DO emulation progresses to the point of being usable, it would be worth writing a new library for the 3DO.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:00 am

cdoty wrote:
Mobius wrote:Did you get a 3DO development environment up and working? Or would you avoid the official SDK because it includes copyrighted code?
Yep, I got it set up under Basilisk II.

I would probably use the SDK, since it seems pretty straight forward.

Once MESS 3DO emulation progresses to the point of being usable, it would be worth writing a new library for the 3DO.
New library you say? New games coming, you say? Nice, it would be nice. The system was never pushed to it's limits and I would love to see that one day.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!