Scariest 3DO Game?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Blades
3DO ZERO USER

Scariest 3DO Game?

Post by Blades » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:45 pm

What was the scariest game on 3DO?

Thoughts would first say Doom, but that never really *scared* me like a horror movie would with it's upbeat music. In fact, Doom was fun for me, not scary in the least, like watching a b-horror film. My vote would have to be for Defcon 5, I'm one of the few people who actually finished the game. and the eerie music always playing, the "intruders" with their noisy "pumping" mechanical feet, the dark Limoways always knock me for a loop. and whenever the person says "security is compromised, Defcon 1, an Intruder has entered the compound" freaks me out.

Your thoughts?

Blades
What Has EA turned into...tsk tsk

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:46 pm

Well I remember when I first got Space Hulk I would play it in the dark with the sound way up and the first time I got a psychic message I nearly died. I have to say it was the first time a game had really scared me.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:00 pm

Hell kinda spooked me when played in the dark in the middle of the night.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:12 pm

Resident Evil does pretty well. 3do... scary escapes me.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:06 pm

sadly the years of watching every horror movie ever made from the mid 80's to now, no game has scared me yet

the last thing to really startle me was those "click here" links that people would post that had you watching a car or looking at a room then something jumps out and screems really loud
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:36 pm

I'm with Lemmi on this. I spent my entire formative years watching any old horror/gore movie, and I don't raise an eye-brow at much at all. Films like Omen, Poltergeist, Exorcist don't even register, splatter movies like Texas Chainsaw massacre, Cabin Fever get me annoyed with the heros/victims - why are they always so stupid? Some of the Japanese Films spooked me recently. Premonition I thought was good, and of cause the Ring -- Sadako is a bitch, for some reason the way she movies in the movie freaks me out!

oh - hold on, video games? On the 3DO? The sound effects in Escape from Monster Manor I thought were pretty spooky. (and good) Ds Diner and Dr Hauzer filled me unfulfilled trepidation. I was expecting horror and got nothing. Although the 'spikes' scene in D hit the right nerve :)

Space Hulk, as 3DO Experience said, I think is the scariest. Certainly when a Gene Stealer is scampering towards your guy and you run out of bullets or the damn gun jams.

The only bit in Resident Evil is when those damn dogs come through the window for the first time. If I remember correctly I think I actually screamed and dropped the pad. :oops:

Hound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Hound » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:09 am

Plumber's Don't Wear Ties(Or Know How To Act Either). That is probably the scariest title on the 3DO. Very few things I will cringe in disgust and horror from and that is one of em. Whoever greenlighted that pile of garbage should never EVER be allowed to produce a video game ever again.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:35 pm

3DOKid wrote: Space Hulk, as 3DO Experience said, I think is the scariest. Certainly when a Gene Stealer is scampering towards your guy and you run out of bullets or the damn gun jams.
damn jamming bolters! only part I didn't like in that game, I still play it tho.
3DOKid wrote:The only bit in Resident Evil is when those damn dogs come through the window for the first time. If I remember correctly I think I actually screamed and dropped the pad. :oops:
I totally forgot about that, they got me too the first time.

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:44 pm

Hound wrote:Plumber's Don't Wear Ties(Or Know How To Act Either). That is probably the scariest title on the 3DO. Very few things I will cringe in disgust and horror from and that is one of em. Whoever greenlighted that pile of garbage should never EVER be allowed to produce a video game ever again.
LOL! True!

Jugger
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Jugger » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:36 am

I remember (almost) sh***ing my pants at 3am while playing Alone in the Dark.

Killing Time is also scary at night. Those chefs....

And even Escape from Monster Manner had its moments!

But hey, I was 13!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:47 am

Yeah Escape from Monster Manner was one of my first games for the system. I recall being frightened as I would turn around and one of the grim reapers would be right in my face.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:59 am

Same thought as 3DOExp, but different game. The raptor maze from JPI ... mainly cause of the beating heart sound effect! Turn around and a shrieking raptor lunges at you!

mattyg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mattyg » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:39 am

Plumbers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"purge with fire Bretheren"

3DO is dead , long live 3DO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K2kuP_anAc

"The greatest games in the world take seconds to learn but months to master. The worst take months to learn and minutes to finish."...MattyG

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:43 am

3DO Experience wrote:Yeah Escape from Monster Manner was one of my first games for the system. I recall being frightened as I would turn around and one of the grim reapers would be right in my face.
Agreed, monstor Manor had it's moments.

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:55 am

Killing time and space hulk are the most scary games for the 3do for me!
Maybe if the aliens in space hulk werent pink they would be better... :lol: