Question about different releases of Crash n Burn

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

dark
3DO ZERO USER

Question about different releases of Crash n Burn

Post by dark » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:56 pm

The pack in copy of Crash n Burn has a rolling demo for Total Eclipse that starts as soon as the game is loaded. I was wondering if other releases of Crash n Burn also have the demo, or if it was cut out? This is relevant because I'd prefer the game load up quicker, and the rolling demo tends to cause problems in emulators (such as, sometimes the rolling demo just goes in a continuous loop without exiting no matter what buttons you press).

Other copies of crash n burn include the following:
-Japanese release
-Korean release
-US long box version (I used to have this and I'm pretty sure the demo was in this one as well, even though Total Eclipse had been out for a long time at this point), meaning the game disc was not a new build of the game, just a repressing of the pack in version)

dark
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Question about different releases of Crash n Burn

Post by dark » Wed May 06, 2020 4:54 pm

Just an update. I've obtained JPN and Korean isos of crash n burn. I can't get the Japanese one to boot, but I've tested the Korean version and it appears to be identical to the US versions, even including the Total Eclipse demo and all English text and voices.

jpantarotto
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Question about different releases of Crash n Burn

Post by jpantarotto » Tue May 12, 2020 2:25 am

hey man,

i tried to help you in facebook or reddit or something, but i would like to sugest you to join a 3do discord group. it's kind of more active and you might get your answer there. the link you can find in a topic here, I just update the post.

Best regards,