3DO Halloween

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

3DO Halloween

Post by klogg » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:17 pm

I made a special 3DO Halloween session in my house last night. Here are the games that were played. Monster Manor is still the king of this day, no matter what. His music alone can put anyone in the mood!

3DO Brazil website (in portuguese): http://www.3dobrasil.com.br

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Re: 3DO Halloween

Post by goldenband » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:31 pm

The 3DO has a very nice horror/ghost/suspense-themed library, doesn't it? There are even some additional games along that theme, e.g. Hanako-San. I ought to have given one of these games a shot yesterday -- I've been meaning to play D. :(

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:56 pm

goldenband wrote:The 3DO has a very nice horror/ghost/suspense-themed library, doesn't it? There are even some additional games along that theme, e.g. Hanako-San. I ought to have given one of these games a shot yesterday -- I've been meaning to play D. :(
Yes, it does! And I have Hanako-San, forgot it to put it on the roster yesterday, Dammit! :|

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:28 pm

I forgot corpse killer is available for the 3do! Must have!!! must have!!1
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:59 pm

I've tried to play some killing time to get in the mood but ended up back at return fire. Can't be sure what maps I haven't done so working my way through them all to hopefully unlock more levels.
I need to try and get ntsc copy of alone in the dark bought the pal one when first got the console not realising it was one of the handful of region locked games which sucks but as I would like to read and understand it would prob get the USA one. Is Japanese one English text or dialogue?

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:49 am

The japanese AitD have text/dialogues in japanese, too. But to be frankly, I played that game so much that I barely need any of that right now. And the cover art blows the USA one to bits. By the way, all long boxes games from Interplay had the cover art mutilated.

Retrofanatic83
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Retrofanatic83 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:40 pm

Long box it will be then, cheers klogg! I have never played it, that and doom were first games I tried and when alone in the dark kept reloading the opening logo I thought maybe the console or disc were dodgy but quickly tested doom and it worked so asked on here and guys confirmed the pal one won't run on NTSC machines. Must have been one of the rare games back then that was optimised somewhat for the usually neglected with shady slow ports PAL release. Usually when I see USA ones here thy are too much money guess the demand for the large boxes is high. I prefer the japanese art most of my games and the console itself are JP. Shame most but not all games are region free.