Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 3do stuff sold on ebay

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

dark
3DO ZERO USER

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 3do stuff sold on ebay

Post by dark » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:17 am

Unreleased source code, art assets, technical discussion/porting plan, etc. Interesting stuff.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3DO-Ultimate-Mo ... 35e89f0165

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 3do stuff sold on ebay

Post by Lemmi » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:31 am

he is a member of this board :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:57 pm

surprised it went for so little.

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:57 am

Is it actually playable in any form?
The man that beat the self proclaimed "best in the world" at The Need For Speed...

dark
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dark » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:22 am

Well, it looks like source code is included, which presumably could be compiled into an executable. Ideally the art assets disc includes the sprite art for the game to be built with the sourcecode, as it is unlikely that could all fit on the floppy discs. I have a feeling if there was already a 3DO bootable disc pre-made, that would have been specified in the auction.

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:46 am

What's taking whoever got it so long to hop in here and fill us in?
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:14 pm

I was the one who got this beautyful 3DO collector items...

In this lot there are a lot of interesting MK docs about the releases of the game
for psx/saturn and 3DO .

The floppy contains only several files scattered and mostly art stuff.

Bitrate was the original seller and he had released the files the files some
years ago,if anyone want the files i can upload them and everyone can check
them out...

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:41 pm

Yes!!
What came after the Jaguar was the PS1 which for all it's greatness, ushered in corporate development and with it the bleached, repetitive, bland titles which for the most part we're still playing today. - David Wightman

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:06 am

Cool that the source code still exists. I have no interest in Mortal Kombat myself, but it's nice to know that this is out there and may one day be playable for those who are interested in it.

One question, though: I always thought it was the original Mortal Kombat 3 that was being ported to 3DO, not the Ultimate edition?

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:27 pm

Martin III wrote:Cool that the source code still exists. I have no interest in Mortal Kombat myself, but it's nice to know that this is out there and may one day be playable for those who are interested in it.

One question, though: I always thought it was the original Mortal Kombat 3 that was being ported to 3DO, not the Ultimate edition?
Point was that, at the time, Midway was upgrading most of the releases. How it is that the Playstation was stuck with just the normal MK3 is still a mystery. Even the Jaguar release, which was originally advertised as MK3 was upgraded to UMK3. Still, at least a playable version of the jaguar version existed, if not a very unfinished version, as it is. Although, it was lost over time, so the fact that the 3DO assets actually are still available, that's amazing. Kudos for the 3DO crowd anyway. Would be nice to see someone do something with it though.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:42 pm

T2KFreeker wrote:
Martin III wrote:Cool that the source code still exists. I have no interest in Mortal Kombat myself, but it's nice to know that this is out there and may one day be playable for those who are interested in it.

Point was that, at the time, Midway was upgrading most of the releases. How it is that the Playstation was stuck with just the normal MK3 is still a mystery. Even the Jaguar release, which was originally advertised as MK3 was upgraded to UMK3.
Key phrase is "at the time". Remember, the PlayStation version was released back in October 1995, same time as Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 was released in the arcades. Due to a timed exclusivity deal between Sony and Midway, the 3DO, Saturn, and Jaguar couldn't get versions until the second quarter of 1996. Interesting that Midway were upgrading all those versions in the meantime. Guess it makes sense since the Ultimate edition wasn't a technological leap over the original.

dave4shmups
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dave4shmups » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:51 pm

It seems like there were a lot of games that were released on both the Macs in the 1990s, and the 3DO. Did the 3DO have similar architecture to any of the PowerPC Macs, or Quadras, or Performas?

a31chris
Jaguar MOD

Post by a31chris » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:33 pm

This sold for $65? Anyone know who has it? Supposedly someone named bitrate on assembler had it.

Surprised there is not more discussion on here regarding this.