3DO at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 1995

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

3DO at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 1995

Post by Martin III » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm reading GamePro's feature on this trade show, and the 3DO section comes with a couple surprises. First of all, Goldstar was demonstrating "some cool-looking mock-ups of an M2 and a 3DO portable." I though the M2 was strictly a Panasonic deal!

Here's the list of games that were on display, with the most surprising entries in bold.

Alone in the Dark 2
Ballz: The Director's Cut
Blade Force
Defcon 5
Hell
PO'd
Policenauts
Primal Rage
Shock Wave 2
Solar Eclipse
Zhadnost: The People's Party

Defcon 5 is listed as being from LG (Goldstar). I guess they were originally planning on a bit more 3DO software support than they ended up providing.

This is the first I've heard of Solar Eclipse, one of my all-time favorite games, having a 3DO version in the works. Quite a shocker. :shock:

And am I correct in thinking that Policenauts being present at a North American trade show implies that the 3DO version was getting an English localization?

Also, I wonder why Snow Job was a no-show, given that they'd already been putting out print ads for the game.

dark
3DO ZERO USER

Re: 3DO at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 1995

Post by dark » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:41 am

This is supposed to be a picture of the Goldstar M2

Note how it looks very similar to the Korea only, rare, 3do Alive II (normal 3do hardware) which had a limited run in 1996

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re: 3DO at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 1995

Post by Austin » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:55 am

It's funny you mention E3 from 1995. I coincidentally watched a video yesterday showing 3DO's booth from that same E3. They were "showing off" the M2 and touted the footage they were showing being real in-game footage. You can clearly tell it's a FMV mock-up instead of the real in-game engine. Lying through their teeth, haha. I wonder if anyone really knew any better 20 years ago. Hindsight is 20/20, after all.