Insect War gameplay video

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

mikemacdee
3DO ZERO USER

Insect War gameplay video

Post by mikemacdee » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:59 am

I recently bought this game on ebay and thought it was pretty cute. Made a short gameplay video since there's only four seconds of footage of this game on the internet, courtesy of 3DOkid.

INSECT WARS GO!

I know none of the characters' names, so I named them myself in character select order: Bumble Jojo, The Orange Baron, Lady Buggins, Manly-tis, Ramsquito, Katy Didd, Little Drago, and Butter Hime. I choose Butter Hime, despite the fact that she's as tough as tissue paper. I don't care, 'cos she's adorable.

Round 1: versus Katy Didd. She put up a decent fight, but I busted her ass.

Round 2: versus Bizarro Butter Hime. I don't know how I survived this long. Her map is a cloudy nightmare that makes it impossible to see your opponent until it's too late, though I managed to get a lucky hit in with a fire missile. The match was so close I couldn't tell if I won or lost at first.

Round 3: versus Ramsquito. We duke it out by the pyramids of Giza, where...I get devoured by an ant lion that wasn't even participating in the fight. Watch out for those map hazards, I guess.

Like most 3DO games, it's arright. It's worth a brief play now and then, and it's probably more fun as a four-player party game.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Insect War gameplay video

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:16 am

Reminds me of what a predecessor to Reverthion/Hyper Reverthion would have looked like tbh.

Thanks for sharing Mike!

zetastrike
3DO ZERO USER

Post by zetastrike » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:45 pm

Too many 3DO games, especially imports, have little documentation. Anything like this is really appreciated. Thanks

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:46 pm

Awful game, but I agree with the sentiments that more footage like this needs to be out there.

zetastrike
3DO ZERO USER

Post by zetastrike » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:18 pm

Austin wrote:Awful game, but I agree with the sentiments that more footage like this needs to be out there.
The game doesn't look "bad" per se, just weird. I'd probably find it entertaining. That doesn't mean it's really good, though.

mikemacdee
3DO ZERO USER

Post by mikemacdee » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:52 am

It does have a lot of general design issues, but that's par for the 3DO course. It would benefit from larger arenas and more substance, that's for sure.

I wish it had redbook audio, because the level music is pretty catchy.