Scramble Cobra - Debug Screen?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Scramble Cobra - Debug Screen?

Post by klogg » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:47 am

I was playing Scramble Cobra, 5th mission on a 3DO FZ-1 with Flightstick Pro.

At first, the map did not appear on the hud.

After about three minutes into the mission time, I heard the voice of the commander ending the mission (absolutely had not completed the goal, which was to defend a base for eight minutes neither the base exploded) Followed a black screen for about two minutes, during this time I pressed some buttons on the FSP (I wanted to save the game), and then appeared this debug screen.

I have no idea what buttons I pressed or in what order. I looked online but could not find anything about it. Tried this polygon test and the other options, just go to a black screen and after a couple minutes or so goes back at the debug screen. so I got out of it and could not access it again, went to the title screen.

Does anyone have a clue what it can be?
3DO Brazil website (in portuguese): http://www.3dobrasil.com.br

CRV
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Scramble Cobra - Debug Screen?

Post by CRV » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:03 pm

I hope someone someday can figure out how to bring this up.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:25 pm

I am wondering if a disc read error or a program error is what is causing it to go to the debug menu.

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by klogg » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:13 pm

BryWI wrote:I am wondering if a disc read error or a program error is what is causing it to go to the debug menu.
The disc is almost new, I bought some weeks ago from another collector, no scratches at all. But a couple days after I post this, my FZ-1 started with some weird scanlines and after that it entered in a coma state: It can be powered up but desn't do anything but keep the red LED on. May actually have been a hardware failure the cause of the debug screen. Could then be a console related function and not the game itself?

I sent the console for repair, unfortunately, the disc was in it and did not come out. Went along with it.
3DO Brazil website (in portuguese): http://www.3dobrasil.com.br