Question about Lost Eden

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

FZ-10
3DO ZERO USER

Question about Lost Eden

Post by FZ-10 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:53 pm

A local game store has a long box complete copy of Lost Eden. They want $45 for it, but I can't seem to find any prices to go off of on eBay to see if that's worth it. It looks like an interesting Myst-esque type point and click, but I just can't justify 45 on a game that either might not be worth that, or simply... sucks.

So is the game good? Is it worth that? Thanks!
podcast & vidcast @ gaikokugamers.com
daytonausa @ atariage.com
lostworldarcade @ xbl

3DO Si
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Question about Lost Eden

Post by 3DO Si » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:54 pm

In my experience a complete Long Box copy will normally go for more than that on eBay but prices do fluctuate. I certainly paid more than that for my copy. Offer $40 and you'll have a good deal.

This recently sold on eBay for $49.99 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Lost-E ... 3a92a66cf2

FZ-10
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FZ-10 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Sounds good.
lostworldarcade @ xbl

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:07 pm

By the way, Yes, Lost Eden is a really well put together game and well worth a play through. I won't say i9t's the most amazing game ever made, but a very solid game and well worth checking out. Really utilizes the 3DO's Video Quality very well as well. One of the games back in the day I used to show off the system, to be honest. :wink:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

FZ-10
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FZ-10 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:12 am

T2KFreeker wrote:By the way, Yes, Lost Eden is a really well put together game and well worth a play through. I won't say i9t's the most amazing game ever made, but a very solid game and well worth checking out. Really utilizes the 3DO's Video Quality very well as well. One of the games back in the day I used to show off the system, to be honest. :wink:

Good to know. The only reason why I'm hesitating is because it sounds like it'll be a short-lived 40 bucks. Then again, it doesn't seem very readily available. Kinda torn, to be honest. And I've been just having way too much fun with my new copies of Space Hulk, Need for Speed, and Star Control 2.
lostworldarcade @ xbl

Kyosho
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Kyosho » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:50 am

I know this probably sounds like blasphemy, but you could do what I do and make a burned copy to see if you'd like it before buying. Or even try on an emulator.

FZ-10
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FZ-10 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:41 am

Yeah I guess I could. But its funny, while I don't mind emulating for some systems like nes and SNES, the 3DO is one of a few consoles I feel loses its magic when emulated, and I'd rather have my experience with the game on real hardware, especially if its that unique and special. And maybe its the PC engine gamer in me, but I don't want to play burned discs just in case it stresses my laser. I want my system to last a long time. Its not worth ruining for a forty dollar game, ya know?
lostworldarcade @ xbl

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:46 am

Kyosho wrote:I know this probably sounds like blasphemy, but you could do what I do and make a burned copy to see if you'd like it before buying. Or even try on an emulator.
FZ-10 wrote:Yeah I guess I could. But its funny, while I don't mind emulating for some systems like nes and SNES, the 3DO is one of a few consoles I feel loses its magic when emulated, and I'd rather have my experience with the game on real hardware, especially if its that unique and special. And maybe its the PC engine gamer in me, but I don't want to play burned discs just in case it stresses my laser. I want my system to last a long time. Its not worth ruining for a forty dollar game, ya know?
FWIW, I agree with you BOTH. Nothing wrong with 'demoing' a CD-R before dropping big bucks on a game. That's what I used to do many, many years ago concerning Dreamcast import titles. However, it can ruin the anticipation you have for a title. That's a negative side-effect IF it turns out to be a good game. The obvious positive is that if it turns out to be a turd, you've made a lucky escape. Also, I'm also in the 'no CD-R's near my lasers' camp. They do and WILL kill your machine over time. None of my PS1's or PS2's EVER died in the 20 years I've been using them, however, I've never subjected them to mods/CD-R's... vs all those individuals claiming PS1/PS2 laser failure ;)

By contrast, the DC's I subjected to CD-R's all 'paid' over time.

You're best middle ground to get a good idea of what's what, without ruining the magic will ALWAYS be YouTube vids :)

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:01 pm

I loaded the game just to check it out. 6 hours later I was completely engrossed in the story and music.