3DO MAS Super Pro-Stick

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

CRV
3DO ZERO USER

3DO MAS Super Pro-Stick

Post by CRV » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:49 am

Last year, I found a 3DO MAS Super Pro-Stick at a rummage sale. Today, I decided to take some pictures for posterity.

The front:
3domas_001.jpg
3domas_001.jpg (243.78 KiB) Viewed 10393 times
The plugs. Top is for plugging in another controller, the bottom goes into the system.
3domas_002.jpg
3domas_002.jpg (221.6 KiB) Viewed 10393 times
The bottom. Having some issues with the screws and particle board (or whatever it is), so it's a little wobbly.
3domas_003.jpg
3domas_003.jpg (197.37 KiB) Viewed 10393 times

CRV
3DO ZERO USER

Re: 3DO MAS Super Pro-Stick

Post by CRV » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:52 am

Opened up:
3domas_004.jpg
3domas_004.jpg (238.97 KiB) Viewed 10391 times
Looks like a regular 3DO controller was gutted for this:
3domas_005.jpg
3domas_005.jpg (192.41 KiB) Viewed 10391 times

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:17 pm

here is mine, the pics are really old :)
the first pic all the tape on the right side is extra cord

Image Image Image
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:21 pm

Very nice!!

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Yes, very cool. I used to have a similar one for my Atari Jaguar, but sold it off about a decade ago...I wish now I'd kept it...
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:08 pm

Gunstar wrote:Yes, very cool. I used to have a similar one for my Atari Jaguar, but sold it off about a decade ago...I wish now I'd kept it...
I think most (now) retro gaming items we all sold on a decade ago, we all wish we'd kept now! :?

So, you're not alone :mrgreen:

CRV
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CRV » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:52 pm

The 3DO Today guy has one with turbo and slow switches. That makes three. How many of these do you reckon are out there?

I actually find arcade sticks to be a little uncomfortable; they make my hand cramp up.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:46 am

CRV wrote:The 3DO Today guy has one with turbo and slow switches. That makes three. How many of these do you reckon are out there?

the guy i bought mine from said he had 2 of them, i think he said he had 2 made for him and i got his well used one :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed May 07, 2014 8:30 pm

I almost bought one of these several years ago (16 I think!) from the local swap meet. I regret no0t snagging it now, but on the downside, I probably would have sold it when I had to sell my original 3DO collection, which means I probably wouldn't have it these days anyway. Sad really because they are really nice. Great pictures anyway as I had never seen one opened up before.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Gunstar
Who's Trip Hawkins?

Post by Gunstar » Tue May 27, 2014 12:07 am

Tracking down the number of these out there probably isn't going to be easy, if it's at all possible, because they are ALL custom made for every system by hardware hackers, from what I can tell... Back in the late 90's when I lived in Southern California, there was a Mom and Pop video game shop that sold versions for the Jaguar, 3DO, Saturn, PSX, N64 and SNES; all were made by a local guy using those system's original controllers, which weren't even hacked an installed in the arcade sticks, but had the original controllers outside the MAS sticks with a wire coming from them and into the MAS arcade sticks. I bought mine for the Jaguar from them, then I attached my Jag controller to the arcade stick with screws through the bottom of the Jag controller to the arcade stick and also custom painted it all to match the Jag's color scheme. I've seen others, like this 3DO one, with the original controllers for the systems hacked and installed inside the MAS sticks too.

It's actually not that hard, if you are a hardware hacker, to make these for your self. Just buy the MAS arcade stick and hack away. I've thought of doing this for myself, since I am a hardware hacker, God knows I could do it easily enough after all the hacking* and repair experience I have from my original one. The Goatstore even made some, or had some made for them, for the Jaguar and sold them through their site years ago, with custom housings, just using the MAS sticks and buttons.

*I hacked my Jaguar MAS stick to work with my Atari 7800/2600/8-bit computer too and added a toggle switch for Jag or 7800/2600/8-bit modes (it also worked with my Atari ST, C64 and Amiga I used to have too)
Trip WHOkins?!?
World's greatest 3DO Need for Speed racer [even 'X man' says so, digitally immortalized in the game...R.I.P.] http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopi ... ight=speed