Interesting 3DO items

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

A8Scooter
3DO ZERO USER

Interesting 3DO items

Post by A8Scooter » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:05 am

Hey all, I came across these in my travels looking for other video games locally last week. My friend and I each got one of these from a clean out resell shop and I since these interested me I ended up buying my friends copy ( BC Racer ) for a modest profit to him. So with the pair I was doing research online and found NOTHING about them. Which tells me either Im searching wrong or these are rare. ( I think a bit of both ). Anywho Ill submit pictures for you all to see. The two titles are Primal Rage and BC Racers ( written on the case and CD as BC Racer ). I think these are pretty cool and interesting looking items. Being the first 2 3DO games Ive ever seen in the wild and the only 2 in my collection next to the sampler CD, I figure Im well on my way to an interesting gaming collection I can enjoy.

Not really looking to sell them ( but if someone has an idea of fair market value on each CD it would be cool to know cause my friend and I have an extra cheese pizza bet on who's closest on price ). Also would like to know how rare these are compared to Developer's Services ( which I assume means prototypes ). I see more gold ones than these purple CDs in pictures online. Also any idea how many of these are made per title ( would 20 , 50 or 100+ be a good number to estimate depending on how much work needed to be done and how complicated the game was to program ). Basically wanting to learn more , gain some knowledge history and how to write up these titles so when I put them in my collection the write up is correct and can be shared with other gamers. ( which is the point to any collection, sharing the history). Also will these play in a normal 3DO or do I need a special developer's white model? ( Ive heard both answers saying you do or dont need one). Thanks again for any and all help you guys and gals can provide.

Pictures below :

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Interesting 3DO items

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:18 am

There I fixed the photos show they would show up. As far as the "market value" that would be up to what someone would be willing to give you. They are pretty bad games and not necessarily prototypes. Those generally have version numbers so you most likely just have press review copies. If that's the case they should play on a normal 3DO console. Other members are more knowledgeable than I on these, but for $1.00 each you can't go wrong right?
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:25 pm

Hmm... Probably not a coincidence that the two games you found there are the only two games Goldstar (LG) published for the 3DO, I expect? My guess is some Goldstar employee was pawning all his stuff.

It seems like Primal Rage is to the 3DO what Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story is to the Jaguar: crummy game, but we can take some solace in the fact that it's (one of) the best version(s) of a crummy game. :wink:

A8Scooter
3DO ZERO USER

Post by A8Scooter » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:12 pm

I figured where ever these game from were the same person / collection. Came with a large lot of advance copy music CDs. Chalk it up to just some cool oddity finds.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:49 pm

It is brilliant. :)