3DO Control Pad 2

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

3DO Control Pad 2

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:27 pm

One of these is coming through the post to me. Anyone used it? Thoughts?

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Re: 3DO Control Pad 2

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:14 pm

Is is the same as this pad?:

If so, potentially, looks like it could cheap, plasticky and somewhat terrible. HOWEVER, I'm looking forward to you actually getting it and reporting back first hand.

After all, PPL talk smack about the standard 3DO pad from time to time and it's completely unfounded imo. I think it's a great pad! Especially the smaller version (JP2X?)

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:11 am

I recall the build quality being decent and it being comfortable from a face button and upper trigger standpoint, but the d-pad wasn't that good. I believe my complaint with it is that it was very easy to do diagonals when you weren't actually intending to, which can make precision a futile effort depending on the kind of game you are playing. Let us know your opinions when you receive it.

On a side note, does anyone remember when these things are a dime a dozen? They were super cheap and easy to come by back in the late '90s (much like most 3DO stuff). I used to have a bunch of them a long time ago. Now though, they don't seem to pop up that often.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:32 am

I have one too, same thoughts on it as Austin.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:41 am

Austin wrote:On a side note, does anyone remember when these things are a dime a dozen? They were super cheap and easy to come by back in the late '90s (much like most 3DO stuff). I used to have a bunch of them a long time ago. Now though, they don't seem to pop up that often.
Skips filled with these controllers (boxed!) were burned to try and protect mankind... maybe?

Reminds me very much of this pad released as an 'official' Saturn pad in Australia by Ozisoft:

Like 3DOkid, I bought one of these, just to see what it was like tbh, vs the pictures.

It was nasty. One for the collectors I think. To be kept FIRMLY inside the box at all times...

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:21 pm

Surprisingly, even though I have far too many 3DO controllers of nearly every variety, I don't have this one. It looks comfortable though.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:22 am

That's the same controller that came with Zadnohst (I know I spelled it wrong) in the US. It's not the worst ever, however, I do not like the D-Pad. Then again, I seem to be in the minority of people who HATES the Goldstar controller too due to the D-Pad, so I may just be the wrong person to judge it. I really liked the build design of the pad though.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:14 am

Darques_Pandemonium wrote:That's the same controller that came with Zadnohst (I know I spelled it wrong) in the US.

Thanks for confirming. Thats what I thought, but wasn't sure since I just had a jewel case copy.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:18 pm

Trev wrote:
Darques_Pandemonium wrote:That's the same controller that came with Zadnohst (I know I spelled it wrong) in the US.

Thanks for confirming. Thats what I thought, but wasn't sure since I just had a jewel case copy.
Yeah, I had bought the game when it first came out and had the pad with it. Pretty cool game I need to snag again. Need Twisted too. I miss that one. Such a cool party game if you can get people to open up their minds and try something on another system other than the WiiStation360.

Kid, you get that pad yet and tried it out? Thoughts?
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Darques_Pandemonium wrote:
Trev wrote:

Yeah, I had bought the game when it first came out and had the pad with it. Pretty cool game I need to snag again. Need Twisted too. I miss that one. Such a cool party game if you can get people to open up their minds and try something on another system other than the WiiStation360.

Kid, you get that pad yet and tried it out? Thoughts?
http://3do.cdinteractive.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3273

:)