Games recoded for PAL

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Games recoded for PAL

Post by knightintosh » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi all

Well my first 3DO system this time around is again going to be a PAL machine. I know the first Alone in the Dark is meant to have been recoded so that it ran full-screen and at a faster rate, and the 3DO Magazine mentions one or two others. Basically, I love those big boxes and would prefer to collect those but is there a list of games on here or elsewhere that have been recoded? Where there'd be an actual benefit in getting the PAL version rather than the US one? I know most are just the exact same game, but how many were "upgraded"?

Cheers!

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Games recoded for PAL

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:16 pm

Good question.

Also, what were the 'two others'? Just out of interest :)

knightintosh
3DO ZERO USER

Post by knightintosh » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:18 pm

NeoGeoNinja wrote:Good question.

Also, what were the 'two others'? Just out of interest :)
"One or two others" was meant in a generic way, not as a specific number. I'll check as soon as I can (in work atm and my magazines are at home).

Silanda
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silanda » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:59 pm

Rise of the Robots was one. IIRC it, of all games, may have been the only 3DO game to fill the screen on a PAL 3DO.

EDIT: Another World must have been as well. The US version (Out of this World) has sound sync issues on PAL consoles.

Silanda
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silanda » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:44 pm

I'll just add another one here: Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. I haven't tested the actual game speed (I don't have an NTSC copy to test against) but the intro of the PAL version runs too fast on an NTSC console, so they obviously did adjust it to an extent. I seem to recall that 3DO Magazine mentioned they may have improved the screen size vs the NTSC version on a PAL console too, although that doesn't look likely

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:25 pm

The PAL version of VR Stalker is better than its NTSC counterpart (relatively speaking of course)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Trev wrote:The PAL version of VR Stalker is better than its NTSC counterpart (relatively speaking of course)

:) Wow.