11%
6. 3DO employees are irritated by our old name forum
33%

Total votes: 18

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Vote for the new name.

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:27 am

Pick one. And vote. Naturally, i'll be rigging this too. But the illusion of democracy seems to keep the hoards happy. :twisted:

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re: Vote for the new name.

Post by Austin » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:54 am

I didn't choose Option 6. Honestly!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:44 am

Option 6 is a test. So, yeah. Ban request.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:33 pm

heh i see 2 of my names made it lol

i picked 3DO Zone cause it sounds like 3D-Ozone
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:09 pm

Seriously, two people make a comment about the name of the forums which have been the same for many years and then you jump ship and change it? Stand up for your community.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:46 pm

BryWI wrote:Seriously, two people make a comment about the name of the forums which have been the same for many years and then you jump ship and change it? Stand up for your community.
Well said.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:21 pm

BryWI wrote:Seriously, two people make a comment about the name of the forums which have been the same for many years and then you jump ship and change it? Stand up for your community.
I do stand up for the community. I rampantly ban anyone who disrupts it by upsetting any person on here. Particularly if the "upsettee" is a regular. I stand up for by promoting it, and contributing to it. Rom requests are down. All of which i would continue to do, if it was called the 3DO itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-polker-dot-bikini forum. The name is merely a token. Ewhac has contributed. Those video's, mostly watched by us, have contributed. He's put a valid case in his video that says that the name grates on him and other former 3DO employee's. I see his point. So, i don't see the harm in changing it. Alternatively, if he told me BryWI or Trev annoyed him, I'd tell him to "F" Off, probably ban him too. He hasn't contributed THAT much. But since it's just the name of the forum, and I see he's point...

Come on guys, get behind me on this one. You know I love you... (I'll make it up to you)

3DOKid.

(Obviously if he said "Lemmi" well, i've been looking for an excuse! ;) )

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Your heart is in the right place 3DOKid. I hope I don't come off critical.

From my perspective though, it just seems silly to change the name of a forum ...

1- That has been known by it's current name for 6+ years

2 - Is about a console that was already niche to begin with, and ...

3 - is about a console (and company) that are no longer active (and haven't been in years!)

Other than the examples you gave, have you been getting many other complaints? I honestly can't imagine so. (do correct me if I am wrong) Seriously, how many former 3DO employees even regularly frequent this forum? Can you count them on one hand?

And I think it's telling that, even for those who have agreed to the name change, most if not all don't have any problem with the existing name. Several of the "regulars" like myself, BryWI, Lemmi, Austin, etc ... obviously like the current name fine enough.

Don't get me wrong, I will still love & contribute to this forum regardless of what it is called. But the reasoning behind the change seems quite embellished.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:41 am

3DOKid wrote:Ewhac has contributed. Those video's, mostly watched by us, have contributed. He's put a valid case in his video that says that the name grates on him and other former 3DO employee's.
Technically, I think it was GammaDev who complained in the video. (He has posted here once, and I'd certainly welcome more!)

Kyosho
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Kyosho » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:20 am

He might not post much, but he must lurk from time to time, as he showed up to my stream (Hi, Gammadev!).

I'm new here, so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. But I don't think the name of the forum should make much of a difference in terms of "standing up for the community." It'd still be the same community. Honestly, to me, even if none of the people who are offended by the "Zero" term never even came here, it's still a bit weird to have a fan forum use what was originally a term of derision for its name.

NeoGeoNinja
3DO ZERO USER

Post by NeoGeoNinja » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:10 am

All this getting a little bent out of shape vs the decision to change the name of the forum:

I'm relatively new here and, I don't want to come off as being rude to anyone, but objectively speaking, since being here I have found this place to be very quiet day-to-day and of, what is right now, a very small 'community' indeed. Honestly, at a push, 10 different individuals who post here regularly.

It's ok lurking, but lurking doesn't make the forum hustle and bustle. Creating or at least joining the conversation does.

Therefore, off the back of what I have experienced so far, of which all the members I have encountered so far being nice individuals, I really don't see the issue with changing the name or not changing the name vs the amount of activity this forum generates.

I'm not saying or insinuating that this forum should or shouldn't be busy either. There's no right or wrong. I'm simply saying that vs the amount of active members here, I really don't think it's a big deal, at all.

I don't think it's a bout conceding to anothers will either. I think the comment was made from a logical perspective and I think a few of us agree or even think that a name change could possibly, or just simply be a good/cool thing.

I mean, why settle for 3DO Zone when you can simply just have 3DO forums or similar. Might as well take advantage. It's not like anyone else has stepped up to the mark for the 3DO...

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:16 pm

I just want to note, in the video they thought it was 3D Zero and not 3DO Zone. There is a big difference. One represents 3DO and the other does not. They had the name wrong in the video.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:39 pm

I would like to register my indifference on the subject! :)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:57 pm

Devin wrote:I would like to register my indifference on the subject! :)
Welcome to the club Devin. :wink:

goldenband
3DO ZERO USER

Post by goldenband » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:12 am

Still trying to get used to the idea that my suggestion "won"! Weird. :D