Mad Dog McCree Gunslinger Pack for the Wii

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Mad Dog McCree Gunslinger Pack for the Wii

Post by Trev » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:22 pm

Bought this on a whim for $6.99, even though I own all 3 games for the 3DO. The video is obviously cleaner, although I don't care for the big target crosshairs on the screen. The original Mad Dog is the most improved ... on 3DO it's nearly unplayable, but the hideous load times are gone! Mad Dog II is just as fun as I remember. The Last Bounty Hunter was actually new for me ... I've owned it for a while, but never got around to playing it on 3DO. It was fun, and even though it doesn't have the Mad Dog "charm" it some ways it's a better game.

I gotta grab the Dragon's Lair Trilogy next, to complete my 3DO virtual console type experience on the Wii.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Mad Dog McCree Gunslinger Pack for the Wii

Post by Martin III » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:23 am

Good to hear that this one's worthwhile. I investigated it a year or so ago, but the only review I could find on it said that the infrared controls don't correctly emulate the light gun controls of the originals, so I decided to skip it. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for it in the bargain bin.

Have you played Fast Draw Showdown on the Wii (via Wiiware)? I found that one interesting since, what with the 3DO version being cancelled, this is the first home version of the game. But when I tried the demo, I found the gameplay too limited (not to mention tough as nails!).

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:21 am

Martin III wrote:Good to hear that this one's worthwhile. I investigated it a year or so ago, but the only review I could find on it said that the infrared controls don't correctly emulate the light gun controls of the originals, so I decided to skip it. Maybe I'll keep an eye out for it in the bargain bin.

Have you played Fast Draw Showdown on the Wii (via Wiiware)? I found that one interesting since, what with the 3DO version being cancelled, this is the first home version of the game. But when I tried the demo, I found the gameplay too limited (not to mention tough as nails!).

I only tried the demo too ... it was ok for what it is but, like you, I found it too limited. It basically is just a collection of my least favorite parts of the Mad Dog games ... I miss the shooting gallery sections, the on rails parts, and (dare I say it) the so bad it's good story.

The Wii controls for the Gunslinger Pack did take a bit of getting used to, insofar as the timing felt a bit different. Maybe it's due in part to lack of load times, but the window for a succesful hit seems smaller. I'm not really sure how to describe well, but I got used to it quickly. The unlimted contines are another nice bonus too, especially for the original Mad Dog, and the Professor's path in the sequel.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:21 pm

who would subject themselves to more Mad Dog?
It's painful to even remember playing those games.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:12 pm

sneth wrote:who would subject themselves to more Mad Dog?
Says the man who likes B.C. Racers for the 3DO. :P

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:29 pm

:lol:
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Trev wrote:
sneth wrote:who would subject themselves to more Mad Dog?
Says the man who likes B.C. Racers for the 3DO. :P

zing!