I just got a FREE ALG 3DO gun. Any games recommended for it?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

DragonmasterDan
3DO ZERO USER

I just got a FREE ALG 3DO gun. Any games recommended for it?

Post by DragonmasterDan » Mon May 20, 2013 2:39 am

I just got a FREE ALG 3DO gun. Any games recommended for it? (and two interact brand 3DO pads for free too).

The only game I have that supports it currently is Mad Dog McCree (well and Policenauts since I hear it does as well, but I'm in no rush to play through it again). Any other recommendations?
--DragonmasterDan

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon May 20, 2013 3:32 am

Well, we've been talking in the Demolition Man thread recently, so that game is fresh in my mind ... I recommend it, even though only certain sections use the gun.

Corpse Killer is a fun gun game.

Mad Dog I is crap, as you may have already discovered, but Mad Dog II is great. Also from ALG, Space Pirates is a cheesy favorite of mine.

There are more of course, but these are some of my favorites, and the first ones I'd track down.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Mon May 20, 2013 4:16 am

I'm pretty sure that Policenauts does not support the Gamegun. Indeed, from what I understand, the Saturn version of the game is the only one with light gun support.

I haven't gotten around to really using my 3DO Gamegun yet, but Space Pirates did seem reasonably fun for the 20 minutes I tried it out with a standard controller.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Mon May 20, 2013 10:36 am

Lethal Enforcers.

*snicker*

In all seriousness though, that would have been the perfect game for the 3DO. And a potential flawless arcade translation at that!

But yeah, basically what Trev said. I've personally yet to get a 3DO light gun, although I'd like to.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue May 21, 2013 12:16 am

Don't forget Crime Patrol.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu May 23, 2013 5:43 am

3DO Experience wrote:Don't forget Crime Patrol.
This!

Demolition Man was already mentioned as well. Basically, I agree with Trev's list also.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!