Fan art

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Fan art

Post by Martin III » Wed May 08, 2013 11:26 pm

I can't draw diddly myself, but I thought I'd post some of the cool 3DO fan art I've stumbled on.

For starters, this drawing certainly captures the Gex we all know and love.

These are black-and-white, but absolutely awesome: a set of sketches of a Creature Shock monster. That bugger manages to at once look cute and utterly terrifying. 8)

Next, a nifty reworking of the cover to Wing Commander III.

Cyberdillo fan art? Yessiree! Not half bad, either.

And if you thought fan art for Cyberdillo was crazy, how about... Gridders fan art? Never played the game, but I still think that's a pretty cool drawing.

And here it gets scary... Seriously, I recommend you avert your eyes from this next one, and am only posting it because I can't believe it actually exists: a Plumbers Don't Wear Ties cosplay. :shock:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu May 09, 2013 12:27 am

Haha.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu May 09, 2013 3:48 am

here is my one drawing of any 3do item

Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu May 09, 2013 10:24 pm

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu May 09, 2013 10:44 pm

Why Surprised by Gridders artwork? That game is awesome and I think would have sold pretty well later on had it ben released on another console. It should have sold really well on the 3DO as it is! Nice stuff. Perhaps I can throw a couple of mine up here sometime?
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri May 10, 2013 12:19 am

I played Gridders back in the mid '90s and didn't care for it. However, I received another copy a couple of months back and gave it another go. I'm not sure what I was thinking back in the day, but it's actually pretty solid. Decent production values overall. I guess I just wasn't into this kind of puzzle game back then.. it is pretty tough, too.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri May 10, 2013 1:01 am

I've always found Gridders to be pretty tough too. I really dig the atmosphere though, and feel there is a good game for those with the patience to stick with it. I've never gotten overly far in it, but I wouldn't hesitate to try again.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat May 11, 2013 1:39 am

Lemmi wrote:here is my one drawing of any 3do item

Nice bit of work. I like how you recreated the title lettering. And you must have read my mind - as I posted this thread I was feeling a bit sad that I wasn't able to find any Slayer fanart!
T2KFreeker wrote:Why Surprised by Gridders artwork? That game is awesome and I think would have sold pretty well later on had it ben released on another console. It should have sold really well on the 3DO as it is! Nice stuff. Perhaps I can throw a couple of mine up here sometime?
Sounds like a good idea to me!

Perhaps I shouldn't have been surprised by the Gridders artwork, since I know very little about the game, but the impression I got was that it is an action puzzler with no actual characters, like Trip'd.