Let's Play Immercenary

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Let's Play Immercenary

Post by JohnnyDude » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:37 am

Edit: This Let's Play is finished and archived: http://lparchive.org/Immercenary/

I've created a thread on the Something Awful forums for a "Let's Play" of Immercenary. "Let's Play" is merely documenting playing through a game. In this case, I'm trying to be informative. I'm doing it in screenshot format, since I much prefer that to video voice-over commentary.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showth ... id=3538980

If you've never played it, just watch me play it for you! If you drop in while I'm still writing it, you can always pitch your ideas of what I should do next in the game!

So far the comments there have all been pretty snarky or just insultingly dismissive of 3DO. If anyone here feels like dropping in with genuine interest, it would be very refreshing for me! :P
Last edited by JohnnyDude on Sun May 12, 2013 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Tried to take a peek, but it wouldn't let me since I'm not registered.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Trev wrote:Tried to take a peek, but it wouldn't let me since I'm not registered.
Argh, it's been pay-to-post, but it looks like they've made it pay-to-read to get more money. I paid 10 bucks to post, and I hope I didn't just pay for a suddenly-exclusive forum. Hopefully you can access it again later.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:38 am

JohnnyDude wrote:
Trev wrote:Tried to take a peek, but it wouldn't let me since I'm not registered.
Argh, it's been pay-to-post, but it looks like they've made it pay-to-read to get more money. I paid 10 bucks to post, and I hope I didn't just pay for a suddenly-exclusive forum. Hopefully you can access it again later.
Gosh, I hope so! $10 bucks isn't worth it, considering you can get plenty of snarky comments here for free ... I mean, you like Plumbers Don't Wear Ties after all. :wink:

Will try again tomorrow.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:07 am

That's a neat idea. I've seen other forums do something similar. It's good fun. Never seen pay to post though.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:39 am

The Let's Play threads on those forums that get completed all eventually get moved to the "Let's Play Archive" (http://lparchive.org). I would have created the thread here otherwise.

Sounds like the pay to view thing is probably temporary.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:52 am

Trev wrote:
JohnnyDude wrote:
Gosh, I hope so! $10 bucks isn't worth it, considering you can get plenty of snarky comments here for free ... I mean, you like Plumbers Don't Wear Ties after all. :wink:

Will try again tomorrow.
I imagine I'll just be posting the Let's Play there to get it to the archive. My Plumbers don't wear ties comments just can't compete with their level of snarkiness. I am outclassed, I say.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:00 am

Well I don't know if their forums are still locked, but if you're interested, feel free to vote on which boss I should kill first! Alter this history of the Let's Play with your feedback!

CAST YOUR VOTE!
* Medusa (Rank 11) - At the Pyramid.
* Tesla (Rank 10) - At the power plant.
* Silva (Rank 9) - To the northeast.
* Balkan (Rank 8) - To the northeast.
* Fly (Rank 7) - At the Taurus.
* Riberto (Rank 6) - To the south.
* Chameleon (Rank 5) - To the east.
* Chance (Rank 4) - At the church.
* Loki (Rank 3) - At the stadium.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:40 am

JohnnyDude wrote:* Balkan (Rank 8)
Heh. I love forum code. :lol:

And the forums do appear to no longer be locked, as I was able to read the thread at my leisure.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:49 am

Martin III wrote:
JohnnyDude wrote:* Balkan (Rank 8)
Heh. I love forum code. :lol:

And the forums do appear to no longer be locked, as I was able to read the thread at my leisure.
Doh. I'll just keep it that way as an act of self-flagellation.

I am probably about 66% done now. Pretty funny considering that my stats are only at 25%.

I can't really figure out how to trigger the lab videos that push the story along. Does anyone happen to understand how it happens? I'm guessing I have to kill some bosses.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:24 pm

JohnnyDude wrote:
I can't really figure out how to trigger the lab videos that push the story along. Does anyone happen to understand how it happens? I'm guessing I have to kill some bosses.
I'm trying to remember ...

I think you are probably right, although certain vids may also play at predetermined spots based on how much you've collected and how far your stats have jumped.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Sun May 12, 2013 8:50 am

This playthrough is finished and archived for your reading pleasure:[/i] http://lparchive.org/Immercenary/

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun May 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Nice dude. I actually LOVE this game. However, for those of you that don't have it, are new, or dopn't know, if you find a copy of the game, please make sure that the New Recruit Manual as well as the instruction booklet. It makes things that much easier when playing the game.

Nice video though of yet another often overlooked 3DO game. Very cool stuff.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!