Is this the worst Space Hulk review on the Tube?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

boabject78
3DO ZERO USER

Is this the worst Space Hulk review on the Tube?

Post by boabject78 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:02 am

Does anyone else think that we need some quality 3do Space Hulk review videos or walk-throughs on youtube?

Check out this video http://youtu.be/qLEuSvKATqA

This guy almost made me not want to play the game or a 3do even though I love the machine and the game to death! I know there are good 3do games reviews on youtube but they just seem so few and far between.
....the 3do could do that............if it felt like it.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:31 am

Well, I didn't care how I had to wait over 3 mins before he actually got to the game. (the silly intro and the time spent to criticize the marketing of the system didn't help)

Space Hulk really isn't the type of game to do a vid on unless you are already familiar with it ... its brutally hard! Amazingly he seemed to like it, despite saying “I just wanna shoot something with a gun, that's all I care about." Space Hulk is not that kind of game.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

pmerrill
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pmerrill » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:12 am

He got one thing right.. "Seriously... there's no point" I really tried hard to like this game but it was just impossible to get anywhere with it. I ended up selling it.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:29 am

For the record, i love Space Hulk, but yes it's hard.

That said, making Youtube video's is not all that easy.

boabject78
3DO ZERO USER

Post by boabject78 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:21 pm

I completely understand that making good youtube videos isn't the easiest thing to do, it would just be nice to see someone go through the game to show how to play it, that it can be done and on the 3do instead of the very similar Win95 version.

I know its brick hard and doesn't have a difficulty slider but I've conquered it a few times and it is without doubt the most satisfying game I've ever played on the 3do. I feel alot of people are missing out on one of the best 3do titles and easily the best version of Space Hulk.
....the 3do could do that............if it felt like it.