Best place to buy 3do games

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

therealmogwai
3DO ZERO USER

Best place to buy 3do games

Post by therealmogwai » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:26 am

Hi
New member here. My dormant 3do collecting has been awaken by my girlfriend so im on the lookout to complete my collection.
sooo...anyone have any advice on a good place, besides ebay, to get 3do games? Is there buying and selling on this forum? ill be sure to post my collection here soon.
cheers from canada

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Best place to buy 3do games

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:27 am

therealmogwai wrote:Hi
New member here. My dormant 3do collecting has been awaken by my girlfriend so im on the lookout to complete my collection.
sooo...anyone have any advice on a good place, besides evilbay, to get 3do games? Is there buying and selling on this forum? ill be sure to post my collection here soon.
cheers from canada

Mate: We banned buying a selling here. too much drama. It did my head in. so only ebay and amazon i'm afraid.

therealmogwai
3DO ZERO USER

Post by therealmogwai » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:17 am

well thats really unfortunate. I thought the best place to get games would be on this site. There's very little following for this console in general, amazon.ca doesnt have any 3do games and amazon.com sellers rarely ship to canada.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:17 am

Ebay is your easiest choice, but you should also use google. try to find online retro shops, there are plenty out there who sell 3do games, and ship internationally. I had a list of at least 10 good and reputable webshops with a good 3DO stock, but then i contracted a virus that locked up my OS. only way to get my computer working again was formating c:, which unfortunatly also held Opera's saved links...

But i assure you, search around and you will eventually stumble across these sites, they are mostly north american, but ive also found good retroshops based in UK, Germany, The Netherlands etc, at varying priceranges.. Its not always best to search specifically for 3DO games, but retro gaming in general, and they will have 3DO categories in their stores.

Good luck.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:20 am

eStarland.com sells 3DO titles, and they ship worldwide. Unfortunately, their prices will mostly match eBay's prices, so don't expect an absolute steal. Still, it's another source to try and fill the holes in your collection.

http://www.estarland.com/

therealmogwai
3DO ZERO USER

Post by therealmogwai » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:23 am

I always visit estarland and the GOATstore is alright. Most of the stores that a google search discovers are defunct or don't have anything i need. If any of you know any store by name i would really appreciate it.

Austin

Post by Austin » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:40 am

Another one is Collectors Cards and Games. I've ordered a few CD-i and Intellivision games from them in the past. It's a little archaic in terms of the ordering system, but they are legit. They also do worldwide shipping.

Here's their 3DO section:
http://www.collectorscardsandgames.com/new/3DO.html

Looking at their listings, their prices on 3DO goods seem to be very reasonable.

therealmogwai
3DO ZERO USER

Post by therealmogwai » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:45 pm

excellent! i placed an order with them....lets see what they actually have in stock. Kinda scary since it says the last time they updated their website was 2 years ago. thnx for the lead austin

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:02 pm

i can vouch for collectors cards and games too. he can take a while to communicate with, but he will do his best to accommodate your requests, just be straight with him and he will be straight with you. Ive ordered there once, and he went through more effort to find me as spotless a copy of what i wanted as he could, where others would just say "sorry no time you get a copy at random". his inventory list is rarely updated, better you do as he mentions in the FAQ, list what you want in alphabetic order, and he will get back to you.

I am planning a new order in the spring depending on his stock then. Goatstore is weird, ive sent them a couple of messages that has gone unresponded to, but i ordered a skunkboard a while back and didnt have enough to pay for boxed shipping, they worked with me to hold the item untill i could. So when you get a hold of them, they are good. But aparently miss messages often.

In europe you have consolepassion(uk), neoayato (french and kinda expensive but easy to deal with) and magixbuttons (netherlands) to name a few. they all ship internationally last time i checked or ordered from them

therealmogwai
3DO ZERO USER

Post by therealmogwai » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:53 am

thnx for the leads! much appreciated

Austin

Post by Austin » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:03 am

therealmogwai wrote:excellent! i placed an order with them....lets see what they actually have in stock. Kinda scary since it says the last time they updated their website was 2 years ago. thnx for the lead austin
There's a post on each page telling you when they last updated that specific section. So, while he may not have updated the front page in a while, you will notice that some of the other sections were updated in the last couple of months. But yeah, he will get back to you either way. :)