Top 20 3DO exclusives (a different list with no Mazer!)

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Top 20 3DO exclusives (a different list with no Mazer!)

Post by Trev » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:47 pm

So I decided to make my own list (no offense to the other one :wink: )

Unlike the first, there is no odd criteria here ...

I don't care if the game has prequels or sequels on other consoles as that has nothing to do with being exlusive or not. I'm also doing consoles only.

In alphabetical order ...

Burning soldier

Captain quazar

Cpu Bach

Crash n' Burn

Daedalus Encounter

Demoltion man

Dragon lore

Foes of Ali

Guardian War

Icebreaker

Immercenary

John Madden*

Lost files of Sherlock Holmes

Luciennes Quest

Need for Speed*

Pataank

Snow job

Star control 2

Twisted

Zhadnost

(* - Games are far too different from other versions, and really can't be compared)

Let me know what you think. :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Qcombus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Qcombus » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:25 pm

I don't think Lucienne's quest is an exclusive as it came out on Sega Saturn as pointed out in the other thread. Unless you cont it as being an exclusive because it's only in english on the 3DO.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:40 pm

Reading comprehension fail.

Qcombus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Qcombus » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:56 am

Austin wrote:Reading comprehension fail.
I'm guessing that was directed at me. But I fail to see why pointing out that Lucienne's Quest is also on the Saturn isn't valid. It was ported to the Saturn and as such it can't be counted as exclusive. Unless, as I said, the fact that the Saturn only had a Japanese port makes Lucienne's Quest makes it an exclusive.

Also the footnote doesn't apply to Lucienne's Quest.

Here's a link to a site comparing the differences between the 3DO and the Saturn version.
http://hardcoregaming101.net/lucienne/lucienne.htm

If I'm missing something just let me know.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:19 am

I made this comment in the other top 20 thread ...
I would count Lucienne's Quest. It's the only console where you can play the game in English. And unlike some other genres, rpgs are near impossible to play in Japanese unless you know how to decipher the language.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Austin

Post by Austin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:50 am

Trev got it. :wink:

Qcombus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Qcombus » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:56 am

Oh, I didn't see that remark. I guess that answers my question then.

I'm assuming this is an US/EU only list.

If it is I really liked Digital Dreamware and as far as I know it's only out on 3DO and PC

If other regions are fair game I'd suggest Dr. Hauzer as a pretty good exclusive

Austin

Post by Austin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:06 am

My personal list would definitely have some of the WARP compilations on it. Either Flopon World or Short Warp. They are too quirky to not be enjoyed. :lol:

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:52 am

Some good suggestions guys ...

I also like Digital Dreamware (I posted a positive review of it here on the forum ages ago) but I'd have a hard time putting it in a top 20 list. For one, it really isn't a game. Also, I can't imagine a title like it has very wide appeal. Heck, we may be the only ones who like it as I never hear anyone talk about it.

Btw, If you like Digital Dreamware, there is a trio of very similar titles on the Cd-i. Same style from the same developer. I have one of the 3 at it is pretty good for what it is, although I like Digital Dreamware better.

Dr. Hauzer is another game that I'm a big fan of, but I thought the need for a walkthrough (for English audiences) might limit it some (much like Policenauts)

As for Warp titles, I thought about Trip'd ... but the weak 1 player mode made me hesitate. It's been ages since I've played some of their imports too (Short Warp, Rush n Fire, etc...) so they weren't fresh in my minds.

Maybe could expand it to top 25? Thanks for the suggestions though.

Austin

Post by Austin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:14 am

Trev wrote:Btw, If you like Digital Dreamware, there is a trio of very similar titles on the Cd-i. Same style from the same developer. I have one of the 3 at it is pretty good for what it is, although I like Digital Dreamware better.
What are the names of the CD-i titles? I might want to check them out.
Trev wrote:As for Warp titles, I thought about Trip'd ... but the weak 1 player mode made me hesitate. It's been ages since I've played some of their imports too (Short Warp, Rush n Fire, etc...) so they weren't fresh in my minds.
One of the modes for Trip'd is on Short Warp, so you could just include that (plus it includes a few other puzzlers, like that match-two card game where you have to keep the guy from being eaten by the alligator, and then the mahjong piece block-dropper game).

I agree though, the Trip'd single player is kind of boring. It's just far too easy. The original from Japan is much more challenging, although it doesn't look quite as polished.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:37 am

I much prefer this list!

Aren't we all forgetting that Plumbers Don't Wear Ties was an exclusive? I'm sure this was an oversight. Please correct kthx

Austin

Post by Austin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:38 am

:lol:

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:43 am

Would Escape From Monster Manor supplant any of those? I think that's even aged pretty well... Maybe to knock off Cpu Bach? Demolition Man? Burning Soldier?

Austin

Post by Austin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:47 am

Monster Manor definitely should. Knock off Demo Man.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:33 am

Austin wrote:
Trev wrote:Btw, If you like Digital Dreamware, there is a trio of very similar titles on the Cd-i. Same style from the same developer. I have one of the 3 at it is pretty good for what it is, although I like Digital Dreamware better.
What are the names of the CD-i titles? I might want to check them out.
eScape, Antistatic, and headCrash. Here is a link w/some info ...

http://www.robertpepperell.com/hex.htm

Bas' blog has info on them to so if you ever visit Interactive Dreams check it out. The title that I have is Antistatic, and I'm still on the lookout for the other two
JohnnyDude wrote:I much prefer this list!
Thank you. :)
JohnnyDude wrote:Aren't we all forgetting that Plumbers Don't Wear Ties was an exclusive? I'm sure this was an oversight. Please correct kthx
I take back my thanks. If it wasn't for 4DO I'd say ban request. :P
JohnnyDude wrote:Would Escape From Monster Manor supplant any of those? I think that's even aged pretty well... Maybe to knock off Cpu Bach? Demolition Man? Burning Soldier?
Austin wrote:Monster Manor definitely should. Knock off Demo Man.
Which is way maybe it should be expanded to 25. Another one I thought of ... Shockwave 2?