3DO VIDEO SIGNAL UPSCALED TO 1080p

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DO JohnEdward
3DO ZERO USER

3DO VIDEO SIGNAL UPSCALED TO 1080p

Post by 3DO JohnEdward » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:45 am

Ran across this video by accident from guy contacting me to buy my HAS Steering Wheel. from Youtube comment on my steering wheel.

Here is link to video and his comment. Probably you all know about this but thought it worth mentioning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0YmsPPP ... ature=plcp

All i did was take the (white red yellow ) wire, OUTPUT from the 3DO and plug it into the DVD INPUT on my sony 7.1 receiver (white red yellow) then i hook up the HDMI cable to the OUTPUT( hdmi) on the sony 7.1 receiver and connect other end from the HDMI to my sony bravia tv, HDMI INPUT, THATS SIMPLE
the receiver converted the 3DO video signal to 1080p

the sony 7.1 receiver im using is a SONY STR-DG920
you can google the model to see what im talking about
Orig. Owner FZ-10 system, 34 games incl. Game Guru and HAS 3DO STEERING WHEEL in ORIG. BOX. Have 403 Cassette Walkman USE DAILY ANALOG RULES! Atari 2600 1st/ 2nd Generation consoles, 112 Games, Starpath Supercharger and 7 cassette tape digital encoded games.
AH and I love to go FAST .... current car 640 Horsepower runs 11.1 seconds in 1/4 mile. Yeah I REFUSE TO GROW UP !

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Re: 3DO VIDEO SIGNAL UPSCALED TO 1080p

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Anyone considering trying this....

Be prepared for some incredible input lag... Been there, done that. Totally pointless because it looks more jaggy anyway.
The man that beat the self proclaimed "best in the world" at The Need For Speed...

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:22 pm

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:Anyone considering trying this....

Be prepared for some incredible input lag... Been there, done that. Totally pointless because it looks more jaggy anyway.

Yuppers, tried it out at a friends house. SERIOUS lag. Not to mention, is there any reason people play 4:3 format games in 16:9 picture format? It looks so ugly stretched like that! Change your picture settings, for crying out loud. I upconvert my picture to either 480p or 720p and they look fine through my DVD Recorder. Looks really nice through the S-Video input. However, some games will look terrible like this as I witnessed with D. Be prepared as you wi9ll see some imperfections that you may not have noticed through your CRT Television! LOL. Still, it is nice to be able to do.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:54 am

I go straight up direct with my CRT projectors and TVs, its the best way!
The man that beat the self proclaimed "best in the world" at The Need For Speed...

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:05 pm

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:I go straight up direct with my CRT projectors and TVs, its the best way!
Yeah, it always looks great on a CRT or Tube Television, however, the problem is the fuzzy picture you get on an HD TV. Used to have all kinds of settings and whatnot to better tune the picture, but televisions here have removed them, sadly...
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:08 am

My CRTs here are mostly HD, its the digital fixed pixel design that is an issue more so than the ability to display HD