Final Beta of my mag.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Final Beta of my mag.

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:42 pm

It looks the part, i think anyway, it doesn't read too well, but I have grand designs on what to do next.

Review every UK and USA game in this style. :P

Take a look. In my defence it may seem short, but it's not as short as some of the later 3DO Magazines (issue 10 onwards)

It's style is in that of the British 3DO Magazine and the British Edge Magazine (Next Gen in the USA I think) both from the Mid-1990s.

It has layout, grammar, font issues, the works, but I know where i went wrong, and i will fix that next time.

Rather than wasting i thought i would share:

http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/gs5dx0

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:52 pm

Wow! :o

If I didn't know otherwise, I'd swear this was a genuine 3DO mag. I feel like I've gone back in time reading it. Even though history has long since proven differently, it's hard not to feel otimistic and excited reading about what could've been. It's an odd feeling ... but I like it. :D Screw history, maybe 3DO really can be the new standard in interactive entertainment. 8)

Beta or not, I'm getting some quality paper and printing up my own copy. :wink:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Sorry I forgot to give you feedback on the one you sent me before. Nice to see it's done. I especially like the letters section.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:41 pm

looks fantastic. if anything, i think you put TOO much into a single magazine

Dreamstate
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dreamstate » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:00 am

Amazing! I like how it is written like it was actually released in '93-'94. A great read and, not being lucky enough to own the actual mags that were released at the time, perfect to get excited about the 3DO.

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:08 am

Awesome. I haven't yet played most of the games in the mag, so there's less for me to really savor than the average forum goer here, but it really is cool to see this. The first gaming magazine I ever read was The Official Dreamcast Magazine, so any blast from the 3DO/Saturn/PSX/etc. era is welcome to these eyes.

ILUV3DO
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ILUV3DO » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:00 am

This is..... FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! The pictures are so clear, they make me want to play my 3DO. I especially love the advertisements. Great, great job. I was actually late for work today because I wanted to finish reading the magazine first. lol
"Logic is the ultimate weapon!"

-Prowl (Autobot, Military Strategist)

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:47 pm

I can tell you spent a lot of time on that. Nice!

Scarlettkitten
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Scarlettkitten » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:23 pm

That's superb :D

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:27 pm

I've been meaning to respond to this thread for a while.

This is really a nice piece of work 3DOKid. I was surprised by how clean it is. You obviously put a lot of time into it, and hopefully you can continue with it.

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:29 am

Really excellent work,
i enjoyed it so much!
Please keep up that good work!

vampyre mike
3DO ZERO USER

Post by vampyre mike » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Wow this is awesome, keep up the good work!

Martin III
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Martin III » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Just read through the mag in its entirety, and enjoyed it very much. Obviously there are a lot of typos, and occasionally the writing does sound out of place for a contemporary 3DO magazine, but it's all pretty easily fixable, and as it stands the work more than passes "good enough". The Starblade and Escape From Monster Manor previews and the "In Japan" section are particularly convincing.

Incidentally, was anybody else struck by how much that Street Fighter 2 Turbo shot on page 20 looks like the Incredible Hulk? I seriously started thinking "Woah, there was a Hulk game on the 3DO?"

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Martin III wrote:Just read through the mag in its entirety, and enjoyed it very much. Obviously there are a lot of typos, and occasionally the writing does sound out of place for a contemporary 3DO magazine, but it's all pretty easily fixable, and as it stands the work more than passes "good enough". The Starblade and Escape From Monster Manor previews and the "In Japan" section are particularly convincing.

Incidentally, was anybody else struck by how much that Street Fighter 2 Turbo shot on page 20 looks like the Incredible Hulk? I seriously started thinking "Woah, there was a Hulk game on the 3DO?"
I'm glad you liked it. I'm working on another, larger, more perfect one :)