Can someone explain this whole WARP mess to me? Every game?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

ArfredHitchcacku
3DO ZERO USER

Can someone explain this whole WARP mess to me? Every game?

Post by ArfredHitchcacku » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:50 am

So I've just discovered that the game I bought for around 25 on Ebay that I thought was nowhere to be found on the internet, what was at least called on eBay as (Flopon the Space Mutant) is simply under U on ISO sites as "Uchuu Seibutsu Furopon-Kun" and now I feel like an idiot. At some point or another I was fairly knowledgeable about this whole WARP mess but after this I just feel lost. I really love the company and their puzzle games but can't but this mysterious puzzle together, and I'm positive I've heard flat-out false information on the internet before, so is there an expert out there that could list each WARP game and maybe descriptions that set them apart? Like what is Flopon the Space Mutant 2, was that exclusive to one of the Short Warp compilations or are those only demo discs that have demos of a bunch of thir games along with someone exclusive mini games? Was Flopon the Space Mutant 2 the beta name for Uchuu Seibutsu Furopon-Kun and is that a sequel to the Japanese version of Trip'd? Head. Hurts.

Thanks,

Arfred Hitchcacku Desu.
BAD

-Alfred Hitchcock Presents, 3DO

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Re: Can someone explain this whole WARP mess to me? Every ga

Post by Austin » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:37 pm

Flopon the Space Mutant 2 is our Trip'd. It was included on both the Short Warp and Flopon World compilations.

Flopon World is a compilation based solely around the Flopon/Furupon. There are four modes on this disc--One that's a shoot 'em up, one that's a casual "match-three" puzzler (kind of like "Super Collapse"), another is a Trip'd/Flopon 2 training mode, and the last is Flopon the Space Mutant 2, aka our Trip'd.

Short Warp is a game that features (nine?) games. Most if not all are available across a variety of other WARP discs. Rush 'n Fire Megadas, for isntance, has its own disc, likewise with Flopon the Space Mutant 2 (at least for us in the US thanks to Trip'd).

Rush 'n Fire Megadas is a split-screen 1-on-1 versus game, available as its own disc. Flopon the Space Mutant, which you already know about now, has its own disc as well. Both of these releases have a variety of extra mini-games, some (if not all) that were also featured in Short Warp. Confused yet?

D's Diner: Directors Cut: I'm not sure what to say about this one, as I haven't been able to acquire one yet.

Oyaji Hunter Mahjong--This, next to D's Directors Cut, is the last 3DO WARP game I need to get. I'm not sure what mini-games it might have on it, or if any of them appeared on Short Warp.

I don't know the Japanese names for each of these titles mentioned above, but you can find them via Wikipedia and doing random Google searches on the English titles.

ArfredHitchcacku
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Can someone explain this whole WARP mess to me? Every ga

Post by ArfredHitchcacku » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:23 am

Can't thank you enough, this really helps me out! Since I'm riddled with symptoms of OCD and Asperger's and have an obsession with consistency, I think I have no choice but to hunt down all these quirky WARP games now. I just wish I had money...:)
BAD

-Alfred Hitchcock Presents, 3DO

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:33 am

Aspergers for the win, and also explains why you act much more sensibly than other people your age (which i said when you joined), or most adults!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:39 pm

One of the Warp titles (can't recall off the top of my head if it's Rush n' Fire or Short Warp) seems to have limited compatibility w/NTSC units where not every game is accessible. I think the only other time I've seen that is with Nice Body, where certain content will cause the multiplayer to crash or reset. Can anyone else confirm?
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Trev wrote:One of the Warp titles (can't recall off the top of my head if it's Rush n' Fire or Short Warp) seems to have limited compatibility w/NTSC units where not every game is accessible. I think the only other time I've seen that is with Nice Body, where certain content will cause the multiplayer to crash or reset. Can anyone else confirm?
Hm, I'm not sure. I've played every game on Short Warp, but I haven't played any of the games in multiplayer.