ArfredHitchcacku
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ArfredHitchcacku » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:57 am

BAD

-Alfred Hitchcock Presents, 3DO

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:05 am

The 3DO version of "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties" is better than the versions on any other console.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:53 pm

ye... wait a second.... ???

Unauthorized trickery detected!

Debris on train tracks detected!

Do a barrel roll!

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:01 pm

JohnnyDude wrote:The 3DO version of "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties" is better than the versions on any other console.
Hold on, I think you have a few typos there. I think it should read like this:

The 3DO version of "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties" is better than the versions of any game on any other console.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:57 pm

Does this thread need to be locked? :roll:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:41 am

FrumpleOrz wrote:
JohnnyDude wrote:The 3DO version of "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties" is better than the versions on any other console.
Hold on, I think you have a few typos there. I think it should read like this:

The 3DO version of "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties" is better than the versions of any game on any other console.
Oh, yes indeed. You are correct.

Legend tells of a game exceeding the calibur of "Plumbers Don't Wear Ties". Many folk say it is but a myth; a logical impossibility and an unattainable goal.

The Androsynth discovered such a game. Now there are no Androsynth. Only Orz.

ArfredHitchcacku
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ArfredHitchcacku » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:00 pm

You better not be saying that the Youtube port of Plumbers Don't Wear Ties isn't as good as the 3DO version!
BAD

-Alfred Hitchcock Presents, 3DO

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:46 am

ArfredHitchcacku wrote:
You better not be saying that the Youtube port of Plumbers Don't Wear Ties isn't as good as the 3DO version!
It's a very good port. However, they changed the game's theme quite a bit. Instead of the RTS Puzzle-Platformer cover-based shooter MMO it used to be, it turned into this weird, vapid Choose-Your-Own-Adventure.

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:46 am

It's a very good port. However, they changed the game's theme quite a bit. Instead of the RTS Puzzle-Platformer cover-based shooter MMO it used to be, it turned into this weird, vapid Choose-Your-Own-Adventure.
Right? I can't believe they left out my favorite cut scene on the YouTube version! The part when Mr Large, the mob boss, taunts John's with a tie, wrapped around his sawed-off shotgun. The camera zooms in on John's face, as his face gets squinty and he just yells "A TIE?! PLUMBERS. DON'T. WEAR. TIES," right as he points his pipe wrench gun right at Mr Large and the screen cuts to black, kinda like the ending of "She's So Heavy" by The Beatles. That absolute abruptness was brilliant! Why'd they leave it out?!

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:56 am

Don't drag The Beatles into this. Thank You!

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:22 am

FrumpleOrz wrote:
Right? I can't believe they left out my favorite cut scene on the YouTube version! The part when Mr Large, the mob boss, taunts John's with a tie, wrapped around his sawed-off shotgun. The camera zooms in on John's face, as his face gets squinty and he just yells "A TIE?! PLUMBERS. DON'T. WEAR. TIES," right as he points his pipe wrench gun right at Mr Large and the screen cuts to black, kinda like the ending of "She's So Heavy" by The Beatles. That absolute abruptness was brilliant! Why'd they leave it out?!
Gosh, I don't remember that. Although, sometimes I get confused with the prequel they made....

Ya know, where you find out that John was born in a test tube as part of a litter of mutant offspring in a questionable military soldier behavioral experiment over international waters. The kids were pitted against each other, some of them brutally murdering each other with forks and knives between the mandatory arena contests. John bloodied himself in combat against his bretheren, but without joy despite the cheering of the crowd. The crowd's fickle loyalties eventually centered around their favorites: John and Damien. Damien was a ruthless contender who ate the hearts of those he felled. On the night before their showcase battle-to-the-death, John decided to escape. Using his fingernails and bare hands, John ground his teeth and dug out his tracking chip just underneath his collarbone. He disguised himself as a plumber, and to help cover the fresh hole bored into his chest, he wore a tie. Damien swore to hunt down John in exchange for his freedom, and at the end of the game you get the sense that Damien is narrowing in on his target. Oh, and Jane was a spoiled bimbo who got implants.

MakillaGorilla
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MakillaGorilla » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Did I just stumble into a 'Plumbers Don't Wear Ties' Fanfic? I hope not. Fanfiction gets too weird too quick. You're reading and reading and then BAM....Sailor Scouts and Furries and Lusty Argonian Maids come outta nowhere!
'Did that guy just say he thinks rings are cool!?!?'

Most Desired Games:
-Out of This World (longbox) -Alone in the Dark (longbox) -Lucienne's Quest (longbox) -Killing Time (longbox) -Robinson's Requiem (longbox) -Strahl (longbox) -Dragon Lore (longbox) -Star Control II (longbox) -Sailor Moon (JPN) -Doctor Hauzer (JPN) -Montana Jones (JPN)

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:05 pm

MakillaGorilla wrote:Did I just stumble into a 'Plumbers Don't Wear Ties' Fanfic? I hope not. Fanfiction gets too weird too quick. You're reading and reading and then BAM....Sailor Scouts and Furries and Lusty Argonian Maids come outta nowhere!
Nah, the Furry Sailor Scouts don't show up until the next game, Plumbers Dont Wear Ties: Plumb Harder. Jane's dead, John's home is in a wreck, Damien finally catches up with him and everything goes to Hell. His only hope? Plumb as hard as he can until Jane is avenged. Pretty gripping stuff.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:03 am

FrumpleOrz wrote:
MakillaGorilla wrote:Did I just stumble into a 'Plumbers Don't Wear Ties' Fanfic? I hope not. Fanfiction gets too weird too quick. You're reading and reading and then BAM....Sailor Scouts and Furries and Lusty Argonian Maids come outta nowhere!
Nah, the Furry Sailor Scouts don't show up until the next game, Plumbers Dont Wear Ties: Plumb Harder. Jane's dead, John's home is in a wreck, Damien finally catches up with him and everything goes to Hell. His only hope? Plumb as hard as he can until Jane is avenged. Pretty gripping stuff.
Heck yeah man. Everyone remembers that fondly.

Ya know, I'd almost forgotten about the saturday morning cartoon spinoffs such as the beloved Plumbers Don't Wear Ties Babies cartoon show. They'd waddle around being mute to their parents (who you only see the legs of). Charming stories of camaraderie, self discovery, and tie wearing; sagacious, thoughtful tales providing a moral compass in my life.

MakillaGorilla
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MakillaGorilla » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Plumbers 2: Electrik Buggaloo. John is forced to resort to a breakdancing contest to save his best gal from a ruthless gang of rival union workers....or something....

....I'll see myself out.
'Did that guy just say he thinks rings are cool!?!?'

Most Desired Games:
-Out of This World (longbox) -Alone in the Dark (longbox) -Lucienne's Quest (longbox) -Killing Time (longbox) -Robinson's Requiem (longbox) -Strahl (longbox) -Dragon Lore (longbox) -Star Control II (longbox) -Sailor Moon (JPN) -Doctor Hauzer (JPN) -Montana Jones (JPN)

ILUV3DO
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ILUV3DO » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:15 am

Do you remember when Phillips licensed the massively popular "Plumbers don't wear ties" franchise for their CD-i system? "Plumbers don't wear ties: Porcelain Destiny" It was a sidescroller that looked like it was made in MS Paint. All of the in game close ups of John made it look like he was wearing lipstick and you could pull off his ultimate move, the "Duck Walk". Ahhh... classic!
"Logic is the ultimate weapon!"

-Prowl (Autobot, Military Strategist)