3DO ZONE ADMIN

3DO FIFA

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Best sports game ever? Really?

http://www.gameindustry.com/editorial/item.asp?id=598

It's okay and all...

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Yeah im not really into football games, or sports titles to begin with. But i do have this game, and its ok, maybe even good. But i havent played it in ages. It is the only football game i own.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:27 pm

I don't know. I can honestly say that 3DO FIFA is easily the only soccer (Sorry, I'm in the US) game I have ever really enjoyed. On a side note, I really don't dig Madden Football on the 3DO though either. So I could see why they said what they said. 3DO FIFA was just fun as Hell to play. I liked it. :wink:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:16 am

FIFA was pretty damn impressive when I first played it in the '90s. Not a huge sports fan unfortunately though, so asides from that I can't say much more. It looked cool, likely pushed the hardware, and it seems like it got the job done pretty well for sports fans.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:29 pm

I suppose it's the sport game i played most. I don't play sports games as a rule, so yeah, it must be my favourite sports game.

I also liked, and indeed marvelled at, the EA's American Football game. I learnt the rules and everything.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:46 pm

3DOKid wrote: I also liked, and indeed marvelled at, the EA's American Football game. I learnt the rules and everything.
Hmm, well that's Madden Football. I have always found myself in the m9inority on this one as I never did understand the tons of love the game seems to get. The controls always seemed overcomplicated and it just never really was anywhere as good, in my opinion, as everyone made it out to be. Football games really never caught my attention until NFL2K. Ease of play really made a big difference for me. Although, the Tecmo Bowl games were fun back in the day too! :wink:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:11 am

It was a pretty great game...
The original Fifa games were grounding breaking for soccer. Everything before that was fun, but nothing like fifa.

The 3DO version of Fifa was just a beefy version of the 16bit games. Soon after this, Fifa went full 3d and fell hard. Some say it's a great game now, but I've lost interest.

If I ever play a soccer game, it's 3do Fifa.

CJZEPP
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CJZEPP » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:11 am

I've played sports games and then I've played sports. I like sports better. What I say is go outside and play a sport instead of simulating it.
That feeling where you look at your posts from 2-3 years ago when you first joined and realize how stupid you were.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:32 am

CJZEPP wrote:I've played sports games and then I've played sports. I like sports better. What I say is go outside and play a sport instead of simulating it.
Have you been out there? Half of it wants to bite/sting/trip you over/eat you, the other half wants to talk to you. No thanks. ;)

CJZEPP
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CJZEPP » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Yeah 3DOkid, but when I play lacrosse here's some tips. When a guy talks to you don't respond or nod yes or no. Also in lacrosse if a guy trips you, it's a penalty. If a guy hits you in the head it's a penalty, if the guy makes illegal contact with you it's a penalty, if the guy pushes you without you having the ball it's a penalty, if you're pushed from behind its a penalty. The only thing dangerous really about lax is the cheaters who always are in the penalty box and getting checked on your lax stick or your padded arms.
That feeling where you look at your posts from 2-3 years ago when you first joined and realize how stupid you were.