Eye of Typhoon on ebay

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:07 am

800 sounds like a lot, but it doesn't really look it on the shelf. :)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:24 am

3DO Experience wrote: (this is post #15500 in the 3DO Main Forum)

Congrats! :) (I'm still ahead of you though)

I don't know how many games I own, but I do know that last year alone I added over 100 to my collection. However, the vast majority were acquired either through trades w/fellow collector's, or through my very frugal buying habits.

And the thing is, I've gotten enough bang for my buck on them. Even if I play an old Genesis game for just an hour or so, if I only paid 99 cents it's money well spent (and I will play it again, I only buy games I think I will enjoy, and trade away or sell games that I don't care for or are duplicates)

The most I paid for a game last year was Skyward Sword for the Wii. It t was $70, and I spent about 80 hrs with it. Again, money well spent.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:29 am

Seems that people collect crap just because it's "RARE". Funny thing is that people don't seem to know what Rare is anymore. I love when I see a RARE 1990's Spider-Man #1. They printed over a Million of those damn things and each Million had a different color variant. It's sad, really. I see the same crap with Playstation games all the time. Here's a hint; if it's a "Greatest Hits" disc, it isn't rare. :roll:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:09 am

T2KFreeker wrote:Seems that people collect crap just because it's "RARE". Funny thing is that people don't seem to know what Rare is anymore. I love when I see a RARE 1990's Spider-Man #1. They printed over a Million of those damn things and each Million had a different color variant. It's sad, really. I see the same crap with Playstation games all the time. Here's a hint; if it's a "Greatest Hits" disc, it isn't rare. :roll:
Heh, I hear that. I work in e-commerce and I'm mainly involved with the eBay side of things, predominantly in outdoor sports equipment and other related merchandise. A few months back, eBay changed the max length of titles from 55 characters to 80 characters. and it was a running joke for weeks about simply adding "RARE!" and "L@@K" at the end of all of our old titles.

The world rare has become meaningless today. Everything is a "collectable" and "IT MIGHT BE WORTH SOMETHING SOMEDAY." Yeah, because the mass produced tin can of gummi bears that says LIMITED EDITION on it that you bought at the gas station counter is gonna be worth so much...

Like you mentioned, the comic book and trading cards from the early to mid-90s are all WORTHLESS now because of the fact that made 48758943587947594357943 copies of all of them. Just blows me away.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:13 am

If something is rare and it's not something I would enjoy than I normally assume it's rare because no one else wants one either. LOL I generally collect things that I would enjoy or make me feel nostalgic, like that Super Mario Bros. shower head. I just have to not go overboard, the shower head I allowed myself.

I also collect trading cards, only certain kinds (no sports); match books; drinking glasses, Pepsi memorabilia, DVDs, LaserDiscs... well audio and video formats period I guess. I would collect snow globes but I've managed to keep myself from doing that. I buy them and them give them away.
grimm wrote:... to odd bits and pieces for various things, even dust ;).
My NEO-GEO collects dust. :wink:
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:19 am

I also collect trading cards, only certain kinds (no sports); match books; drinking glasses, Pepsi memorabilia, DVDs, LaserDiscs... well audio and video formats period I guess. I would collect snow globes but I've managed to keep myself from doing that. I buy them and them give them away.
Pepsi stuff? Anything specifically? My father and grandfather both worked for the bottling plant up here in Fargo. I might be able to get a hold of some stuff for ya if you want.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:37 am

3DO Experience wrote: I also collect Pepsi memorabilia
do you have pepsi stuff from the first pepsi points thing they did in the mid 90s?
like the pepsi beach chair, beach towels, hacky sacks, demin jacket, duffle bag, and T-shirts (i had more but i cant remember what they were)

my Tshirts are worn out and now used as rags but i still have the other things. the denim jacket no longer fits tho and the wrist has almost fallen off :)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:59 am

I had two beach chairs but they both broke and I used the beach towel to dry my hair just tonight. It's a bit faded though. I'm not a big collector I just keep seeing things I like and friends give me items from time to time. I'm not really looking for anything except two more of the "stained glass" glasses but the most I pay on them is $2 each. And the blue textured plastic Pepsi cups (80s & 90s) from Pizza Hut. Oh and I'm trying to find a straw container (glass and metal). The coolest part of my small collection is an original Pepsi Optimus Prime that was from the contest in the mid 80s.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:25 am

3DO Experience wrote:
grimm wrote:... to odd bits and pieces for various things, even dust ;).
My NEO-GEO collects dust. :wink:
But, arcade games are so accessible? Granted, my aes sits still alot too, but thats mainly because my MVS multicart wont function properly with my MVSII converter... But im saving up for this thing: http://arcadeworks.net/omega-entertainment-machine.html#

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:57 pm

I was actually referring to a picture where it was pointed out that it had dust on it. I really just haven't had time to play.

I like the link you sent, I always wondered why no one had done this with all the custom cases being made. I have an MVS in a JAMMA, as well as an AES with a converter.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:16 am

3DO Experience wrote:I was actually referring to a picture where it was pointed out that it had dust on it. I really just haven't had time to play.

I like the link you sent, I always wondered why no one had done this with all the custom cases being made. I have an MVS in a JAMMA, as well as an AES with a converter.
You might like this one too then: http://www.analogueinteractive.com/

ackmed
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ackmed » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Hound wrote:Now all we need to do is find out who the bidder above you is and if they were offered the game as well. I wonder if they post here, that would make things much easier.
Hi

Just to follow up on this shilling bidding suspicion. I can confirm that there was no shill bidding going on. The person that won all the auctions has that 16000 feedback score, 13k seller feedback, 7k buyer feedback.

The same buyer purchased a number of other 3do auctions from other sellers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110853674924
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290689215484
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320884746409

-ack

Hound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Hound » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:04 pm

Wow, then it must be 2012. That's it. The guy thinks the world is gonna end this year and is blowing piles of cash on 3DO stuff! Hey, whatever works I guess

Silentman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Silentman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Dr. Hauzer for $212 :shock: Who was that crazy buyer?

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:18 pm

Seriously? One day a new/sealed copy of Doctor Hauzer can't sell for $30, and then the next some idiot spends $200 on a used copy? Oh man...

ackmed
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ackmed » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:30 pm

You can figure out the exact ebay user by clicking on the woody woodpecker auction link (middle one) and then click on the feedback for the seller. The buyer left feedback for that auction.

-ack

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:41 pm

Honestly, I see a flipper coming in on this. The Jaguar community had this happen a couple years back. A buyer by the name of Sweetstuff4you came in buying Jaguar stuff at INSANE prices. He stockpiled the stuff and bought everything he could at the highest price he could. I know it sounds funny, but when the demand hit, he turned and sold the stuff at alarming prices. He became very well known in the Jaguar community for this practice and it's still a huge reason why many Jaguar collectors are leery of buying Jaguar stuff on ebay in the fact that this dude could get back in the game again. It's also happening in the Turbografx/PC Engine community right now. Not that the games have ever been cheap, but games that were $50.00 a couple years ago are now going for $300.00 plus anymore. It'll happen, just watch.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:38 am

Damn it no! I just traded my TG-16 for a Duo, I don't want the pricces to go up now! I have CD games to buy damn it!!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:40 am

T2KFreeker wrote:Honestly, I see a flipper coming in on this. The Jaguar community had this happen a couple years back. A buyer by the name of Sweetstuff4you came in buying Jaguar stuff at INSANE prices. He stockpiled the stuff and bought everything he could at the highest price he could. I know it sounds funny, but when the demand hit, he turned and sold the stuff at alarming prices. He became very well known in the Jaguar community for this practice and it's still a huge reason why many Jaguar collectors are leery of buying Jaguar stuff on evilbay in the fact that this dude could get back in the game again. It's also happening in the Turbografx/PC Engine community right now. Not that the games have ever been cheap, but games that were $50.00 a couple years ago are now going for $300.00 plus anymore. It'll happen, just watch.
I bought from that seller before ... wasn't aware of any of this at the time.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:00 am

Trev wrote:
T2KFreeker wrote:Honestly, I see a flipper coming in on this. The Jaguar community had this happen a couple years back. A buyer by the name of Sweetstuff4you came in buying Jaguar stuff at INSANE prices. He stockpiled the stuff and bought everything he could at the highest price he could. I know it sounds funny, but when the demand hit, he turned and sold the stuff at alarming prices. He became very well known in the Jaguar community for this practice and it's still a huge reason why many Jaguar collectors are leery of buying Jaguar stuff on evilbay in the fact that this dude could get back in the game again. It's also happening in the Turbografx/PC Engine community right now. Not that the games have ever been cheap, but games that were $50.00 a couple years ago are now going for $300.00 plus anymore. It'll happen, just watch.
I bought from that seller before ... wasn't aware of any of this at the time.
Yeah, believe me, if you bought from him, you might have paid too much. One of the few things that both JSII and Atari Age agree on is that prick.

@3DO Experience; Not to worry. All of the CD games aren't insanely priced, but stuff like Beyond Shadowgate, Dungeon Explorer II, and Sapphire have gone through the roof. Same with the Y's series and also anything Working Design did for the system.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:07 am

Darn, Beyond Shadowgate is one I wanted, I find it funny that Ys I&II has gone up since (as far as I know) they came with the system.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:21 am

3DO Experience wrote:Darn, Beyond Shadowgate is one I wanted, I find it funny that Ys I&II has gone up since (as far as I know) they came with the system.
Yes, Y's I & II came with the Duo, but it was also available on it's own when it first released. As for Beyond Shadowgate, that game was ONLY released in the US. There was no PC Engine version at all and, from what I remember, only about 15,000 were ever made, making it one of the lowest major releases for the system ever. Factor that with the fact that everyone wants it, well, you get the picture.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:51 am

The Duo I got must have been the "core" system, as it didn't come w/any bundled software. I picked up the 3 in 1 later one.

At least Ys is available in a few different forms, although nothing beats playing it on Turbo hardware.