Eye of Typhoon on ebay

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Eye of Typhoon on ebay

Post by T2KFreeker » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:02 pm

This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:50 pm

Yeah, we were talking about it in this thread ...

http://cdinteractive.co.uk/3do/forum/vi ... ttle+blues

I could never spend so much on a game.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:23 am

I agree. I REALLY want to play the game, but not that much. Insanity. It's another game that will be plopped onto a shelf and never played. Sad, really.

prabmire
3DO ZERO USER

Post by prabmire » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:23 am

Korean games are always pricey, saturn korean releases and korean samsung saturns are prime examples of muchos bucks being made by koreans who have cottoned on to the west's need for retro gaming!

ten years ago korean stuff was reasonably priced, hell allot of it ended up in landfill!

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:27 am

Well, those were some crazy auctions. :shock:

Hound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Hound » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:30 am

Over 1700 dollars for that game on Ebay. Are they serious? What in the blue blazes is wrong with people? Congratulations to the seller and an look of absolute horror and shock at whoever paid that much for a non prototype, one of a kind only game. I shudder to think what his maximum bid was. 2k? 3k? I paid less than a hundred a little while back for my boxed copy. Makes me want to grab a plane ticket to South Korea and dig up more to sell. I'm in the wrong business obviously, lol.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:49 am

Hound wrote:Over 1700 dollars for that game on evilbay. Are they serious? What in the blue blazes is wrong with people? Congratulations to the seller and an look of absolute horror and shock at whoever paid that much for a non prototype, one of a kind only game. I shudder to think what his maximum bid was. 2k? 3k? I paid less than a hundred a little while back for my boxed copy. Makes me want to grab a plane ticket to South Korea and dig up more to sell. I'm in the wrong business obviously, lol.

Did you buy your boxed copy off of Ebay, or was it a private transaction? $100 for that game is an incredible deal.

Whoever won Eye of Typhoon also won the other 3 exclusives for large $$$. Over 16400 feedback too.

Hound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Hound » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:59 am

I got it off Ebay. It was an auction too, not one bid but mine for the entire week or whatever it was up. I think it was 85 and something like 5 or 10 for priority mail shipping.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:04 am

Haha, that's an awesome deal. Did the seller have the auction title screwed up or something? Did they have "3DO" in the title?

Hound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Hound » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:09 am

I don't think the title was screwed up, but I found it the way I usually do. It was either "3do import" or "3do japan" Actually I don't think it was listed as Korean. I don't think I was searching for Korean specificaly then.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:36 am

Less than $100 is a steal! :D

This aution is insane! :shock:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Auction was indeed insane! I REALLY want this game like almost everyone else here, but damn!

Hound! I'll offer $101.00 for your copy! Profit time! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:13 am

I really don't think the price is real. There must be shill bidding going on.

Hound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Hound » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:55 am

1700+ for one crappy game definately begins to smell of shill bidding alright. If anyone here bid on the game and winds up with a second chance offer, post about it here.

But yeah, the winner of all of them has like 16000 feedback. That's a seller account. Who knows, the winning bidder could just be flat out batshit crazy. He spent like what, 4, 5, 6k? just on 4 half ass games with crushed boxes, ripped up plastic wrapping and one with a hole punch in it. He could get a plane ticket to South Korea and find the damn games himself for that kind of money. Mental insanity or otherwise, something definately isn't right there.

ackmed
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ackmed » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:10 am

-ack
Last edited by ackmed on Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Hound » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:26 am

Why do I get the feeling that the top bidder is a shill, bidding some insane amount, like, 5,000 to see what the maximum real bidders like us will pay so he can turn around and 2nd chance offer the true max bidders? Going by the top prices below the shill bidder, the seller can even eat the fees associated with the shill bidding to keep up the appearance of legitimacy. He'll be making a damned killing this way and forced the system to show him everyone's max bids.

Bu you know, that's just me pondering out loud.

Hound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Hound » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:27 am

ackmed wrote:Hes trying to do this right now to me with armageddon. He sent me the following links to show he has multiple copies, the one he would sell me is better then the one on evilbay.

-ack
By the way, what is he trying to get you to pay for the 2nd chance offer, if you don't mind telling? Also, looking at the bidding history, where are you under the winning bidder? If you aren't first under the winner then something is likely very funny here.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:38 am

ackmed wrote:Hes trying to do this right now to me with armageddon. He sent me the following links to show he has multiple copies, the one he would sell me is better then the one on evilbay.

edit: Also note for anyone else hes contacting, hes trying to sell it to me for $900.

-ack
YAY! ONLY $900.00? What a steal!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ackmed
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ackmed » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:41 am

I am the 3rd highest bidder j**9.

-ack

Hound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Hound » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:03 am

Now all we need to do is find out who the bidder above you is and if they were offered the game as well. I wonder if they post here, that would make things much easier.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:15 pm

Not that I am generally into this kind of thing, but with these games being so huge with shill bidders and the like, I wish someone would make "Boots" for the community so we wouldn't have to be held by this ridiculous crap. Again, not generally what I would approve of as a practice, but for people who want to play the game, it may be the only way it ever happens. For me, $900.00 for a game is one months rent and then some. The PC Engine community finally did this with Sapphire for the PCE Arcade card. It was nice to be able to finally play the frackin' thing without paying "Collector's" prices.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:04 am

Wow, I guess I killed the thread . . . :shock:

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:04 am

Paying 1700 is stupid. Paying 1700 for something that looks outright tacky is even more stupid.. I wouldnt grade that game even VGC.. the manual is too messed up and looks horrible. The box is caved in, and the cd casing has some marks to it as well. At least the seller showed good pictures of these damages. But come on.. 1700 even for a rare korean title? 3DO has started turning into NEO GEO AES...

Looks like the game could be fun though. sad ill never get to play it..

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Even worse, I suspect the winning bidder may hardly ever play it. They'll probably pop it in once to test out, and then have it sit on the shelf ... an expensive decoration. I know I differ from other collector's, but I play every game I own, no matter how rare it might be.

FrumpleOrz
3DO ZERO USER

Post by FrumpleOrz » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Trev wrote:Even worse, I suspect the winning bidder may hardly ever play it. They'll probably pop it in once to test out, and then have it sit on the shelf ... an expensive decoration. I know I differ from other collector's, but I play every game I own, no matter how rare it might be.
Yeah, I don't understand the collecting of games when they're just there to sit on the shelf. The reason I collect games is because they have a USE, regardless of how frivolous the use may be.

A guy my buddy works with collects Sega Genesis games but he doesn't play them ever. He sees more like collecting coins or baseball cards or something and I just get it. Why collect something that you're not going to ever use? Why have the collection if they're just gonna collect dust on the shelf?

Every game I've purchased for my 3DO in the last few months I've thrown in. Even the Sesame Street game just to see it. It's so much more entertaining than just having the boxes on a shelf. If I wanted to collect something that was just there to look at, I'd be collecting art.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:39 pm

Trev wrote:Even worse, I suspect the winning bidder may hardly ever play it. They'll probably pop it in once to test out, and then have it sit on the shelf ... an expensive decoration. I know I differ from other collector's, but I play every game I own, no matter how rare it might be.
I _ONLY_ collect games i intend to play. So you differ less than you might think.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:43 pm

grimm wrote:
I _ONLY_ collect games i intend to play. So you differ less than you might think.
Good to know I'm not alone. :)

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:04 pm

If you amass a *lot* of stuff, it will eventually get to the point where you can't possibly play everything, at least not on a regular basis. Stuff will sit on the shelf, unused. That just comes with the territory of "collecting".

I've personally got about 800 games at the moment--the majority of it stays unused. The biggest culprit is being short on time. It just isn't possible for me to play everything, let alone focus on something and actually complete it without hopping from one product to the next. I do try to buy things with the intention to eventually use them, but "eventually" could mean a few years down the line for me at this point in my life. Oh, to be back in high school again, collecting, with no job and no worries...

I think 3DOexperience can probably relate (although she needs to organize hers better). :lol:

As far as buying games to literally just look at them, hm.. I have to admit, there is a bit of an aura, a draw to owning an absurdly rare game. But that has to be rationalized. I can reason for paying $200 for, say, Panzer Dragoon Saga on the Saturn--it's a bit of a grail, but it's also one of the best RPGs created. I will probably get my money's worth over time when I actually play it. Something like Flinstones 2 on the NES though, that goes for $400+? Eh.. as great as the draw is to having something that difficult to get, I don't think I could rationalize that price. Same with something like the Eye of Typhoon on the 3DO, especially at the crazy price it just sold for.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:26 pm

Yes I can definitely relate. When you get out on your own and start making money that you can spend on this it can slowly get above your head. I have every intention to play every game I own, and I've played most of them but I also want to finish the ones I can. The real problem is that you have to work, if it wasn't for work I could play games all day and it would all be peachy, but I'm not rich enough to not have to work for a living. Maybe if I won the lotto, but then I'd have to start playing it first.

Eye of Typhoon is the only Korean game I don't have but like other gaming things, I'm not in the mood to spend money on it. I kick myself now for not buying a Nintendo pin I wanted that would finish a set but I just couldn't force myself to overbid after I spent 2x to 3x what the last one was worth.

(this is post #15500 in the 3DO Main Forum)
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:52 pm

Ive spent 15 or so years collecting, and i dont have anywhere near 800 games.. I think i might have 150 to 200, ive never counted them, and they are spread out over 10 or so systems including PC. The thing is to keep things in perspective. I cant work on the open job market, and no one has seen fit to hire me on MY conditions, which are medical in nature, so basically ive had proper employment about 2,5 years. And trust me, i could not play 800 games either despite having the days goal being to live through it and have it end.

Earning decent money would surely help my collecting along, since i could buy more games to _play_, but i would never get to 800 games in 15 years anyway. Im not disrespecting anyone here, but 800 games isnt a collection, its an obsession. Either way, its a persons own choice and i respect that, i simply could never hoard stuff like that, and im a collector type of person. I collect anything from airsoft rifles, to antique lighters, to bicycles, to odd bits and pieces for various things, even dust ;). Each to their own.