Here's why this site doesn't condone piracy

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Here's why this site doesn't condone piracy

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:45 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... Dwyer.html

I don't fancy being extradited to the U.S of A and tried under terrorism laws. I have a rubbish weak government, America, seemingly has a clueless over zealous government -- it's not a good combination when Internetzand piracy are concerned.

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:15 am

Seems America thinks they rule the "free" world of late, and for some stupid reason alot of governments seem to be kissing their arse even more so than usual, and i dont know why.

Who do they think they are? Its not the people, its the corrupt government. There is nothing "free" about these countries being ruled as they are of late.

That is enough politics from me i think, cause it really drives me mad when i see the criminal way some governments will treat their own people.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:53 am

Well, the next person to ask for ROMs gets shot. It carries a lower sentence.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:38 pm

yeeeeaaa. We got guns over ere!
git er done.....

:roll:
I hate some people...

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:52 pm

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:Seems America thinks they rule the "free" world of late, and for some stupid reason alot of governments seem to be kissing their arse even more so than usual, and i dont know why.

Who do they think they are? Its not the people, its the corrupt government. There is nothing "free" about these countries being ruled as they are of late.

That is enough politics from me i think, cause it really drives me mad when i see the criminal way some governments will treat their own people.
I don't mind America ruling the free world. They haven't done such a bad job. (speaking as a member of the former British Empire) but they seem to have some old timers (fuddy-duddys) who are hell-bent on campaigning against anything new and popular, but most importantly, stuff I like.

- Heavy Metal.
- Horror movies
- Computers
- Night Trap
- Internet.
- Downloading.

Why don't they just give up and campaign against stuff that doesn't bother me?

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:15 pm

3DOKid wrote:
CasetheCorvetteman wrote:Seems America thinks they rule the "free" world of late, and for some stupid reason alot of governments seem to be kissing their arse even more so than usual, and i dont know why.

I don't mind America ruling the free world. They haven't done such a bad job. (speaking as a member of the former British Empire) but they seem to have some old timers (fuddy-duddys) who are hell-bent on campaigning against anything new and popular, but most importantly, stuff I like.

- Heavy Metal.
- Horror movies
- Computers
- Night Trap
- Internet.
- Downloading.

Because if they did that, they might get things right, which would mean that they are going against the popular vote. Nice Zing there on Night Trap, by the way. I remember when I almost laughed my ass off to death over the supposed "Rape" scene that was in the game. Thanx to Joe Lieberman! Because of you and your idiocy, Night Trap will now remain infamous! What an idiot!
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:07 am

Joe likes Sonic the Hedgehog. :)
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:48 am

Wait wait wait, you mean to tell me that my goverenment is spending my taxes to bring some kid over here because he posted LINKS to some websites!?!
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:52 am

3DO Experience wrote:because he posted LINKS to some websites!?!
That's the ridiculous part. He simply posted information anyone could probably find with a Google search. He really shouldn't be held responsible at all, heh.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:06 am

3DO Experience wrote:Wait wait wait, you mean to tell me that my goverenment is spending my taxes to bring some kid over here because he posted LINKS to some websites!?!
Yup! Ain't are tax dollars going great places? :roll: You know, taking down real criminals while amateurs like Taliban leaders keep avoiding us. :evil:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

ArfredHitchcacku
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ArfredHitchcacku » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:38 am

3DOKid wrote:

- Heavy Metal.
- Horror movies
- Computers
- Night Trap
- Internet.
- Downloading.

I just can't stop laughing. :lol:

Laugh to hide the tears. Laugh to hide the tears.
BAD

-Alfred Hitchcock Presents, 3DO

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:23 am

3DOKid wrote:
They havent eh? 10 years of pointless war is not a bad job? Loads of people dead soldiers cause they were sent to fight someone else's war? Great job. What shits me is people believe it will make for a better world, and our government is stupid enough to follow these people into their games and waste billions of our tax payer's money without even asking the people what we think should be done.

Wars start in such ways as people getting shipped off to another country to face pathetic non charges as these mensioned here, governments should learn to look after their own people before they go chasing other counttry's people. In order to go rocking the boat in such ways, youd want to be damn sure your own country is squeaky clean before they worry about what others are doing.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Well, the British were shoulder-to-shoulder with the Americans in these wars, (rightly or wrongly) and to be fair American tax dollars stumped up more than the lions share, so...

Personally, and not wanting to get political, I'd rather have the Americans running the show. Honestly. A country whose base-line is probably as good as it gets. Freedom, democracy and liberty. Okay, it's not perfect, America isn't perfect but if America packed in, shut up shop and gave up, who would fill the void? Islam? Communism? God forbid, Europe?

American tax payers, American military, and American lives, for the most part, allow me to run a forum, talk rubbish, have a good life and not worry too much about anything too serious. If it wasn't for you Yanks, I'd either be living in a neo-communist, neo-neo-nazi state or terrified of something else. American muscle (read tax money) keeps the lunatic communists in China awake at night, so I can sleep. Good.

Saddam, the Taliban, Iran and a whole bunch of others want nuclear weapons, they have all the drugs and oil, and don't really like us. They have little to lose. It's a bad combination. Should we talk to them? Sanctions? There aren't many alternatives.

I know America's foreign policy must grate on Americans, why should you pay for it all? I don't have a clever answer for that but I for one, as a non-American, am grateful, I really am.

Just don't expect me to like your cars or not smirk at some of things your politicians say. ;)

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
3DOKid wrote:
They havent eh? 10 years of pointless war is not a bad job? Loads of people dead soldiers cause they were sent to fight someone else's war? Great job. What shits me is people believe it will make for a better world, and our government is stupid enough to follow these people into their games and waste billions of our tax payer's money without even asking the people what we think should be done.

Wars start in such ways as people getting shipped off to another country to face pathetic non charges as these mensioned here, governments should learn to look after their own people before they go chasing other counttry's people. In order to go rocking the boat in such ways, youd want to be damn sure your own country is squeaky clean before they worry about what others are doing.

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:19 am

3DOKid wrote: Just don't expect me to like your cars or not smirk at some of things your politicians say. ;)
Im not American, and not from America. Never even been there!!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:18 pm

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:
3DOKid wrote: Just don't expect me to like your cars or not smirk at some of things your politicians say. ;)
Im not American, and not from America. Never even been there!!
Corvette confused me :)

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:56 am

;) I figured that is where you got stumped, we do have Corvettes in Australia too ya know!! I owned 2 for 11 years and drove them almost every day, also worked on, repaired and drove lots of others for other people, and tuned them over the internet for a while too.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:32 am

Just a minute. I thought you Australians were either Ford men or Holden? To the death.

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:43 am

:lol: Dont be rediculous mate, the average Australian yobo maybe, but they are both just as much a heap of junk as any American built car is, none of them are built to last. Either way, Holden is GM, as is Chevrolet, and they are both Mexican + Chinese + Indian garbage ( that is where most of the parts come from, Ford i dont know about, but they arent much better cars really ).

These days i want a car i dont have to ever work on, so i drive a W202 Mercedes Benz and havent ever spent a cent on it or had any issues in the 12 years ive had it.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:53 am

CasetheCorvetteman wrote::lol: Dont be rediculous mate, the average Australian yobo maybe, but they are both just as much a heap of junk as any American built car is, none of them are built to last. Either way, Holden is GM, as is Chevrolet, and they are both Mexican + Chinese + Indian garbage ( that is where most of the parts come from, Ford i dont know about, but they arent much better cars really ).

These days i want a car i dont have to ever work on, so i drive a W202 Mercedes Benz and havent ever spent a cent on it or had any issues in the 12 years ive had it.
The Germans and the Japanese really are the only two races on earth qualified to make cars.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:09 pm

3DOKid wrote:The Germans and the Japanese really are the only two races on earth qualified to make cars.
Haha! I agree. :lol:

Game consoles too, of course.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:17 pm

JohnnyDude wrote:
3DOKid wrote:The Germans and the Japanese really are the only two races on earth qualified to make cars.
Haha! I agree. :lol:

Game consoles too, of course.
The Atari Jaguar was made in America. :wink:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5