A heap of my 3DO discs are dying...

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

A heap of my 3DO discs are dying...

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:53 pm

Ive got a few genuine games for my 3DO that i havent taken out for a long time, they are all spotlessly clean and have always been dry, but the discs are starting to have the silver come off them.

Anyone else seen this with their discs?

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:36 pm

pics?
Is this is the silver on the top with the label, or on the bottom?

The data is encased in plastic, so I imagine the label is peeling off. How did you have these stored? Were they in the attic?

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:53 pm

No, I think he is talking about the disk. I have a bunch of CD's from the early 90s, and some, even though they we kept with inches of each other, the actual disc where the data is stored looked like it rusted. None of my 3DO discs have, but some music discs.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:37 am

One of my Megadeth CDs started doing this on the outer edges. I copied it the computer right away. It's one of the CDs I have owned the longest.

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:59 am

sneth wrote:pics?
Is this is the silver on the top with the label, or on the bottom?

The data is encased in plastic, so I imagine the label is peeling off. How did you have these stored? Were they in the attic?
No mate, this is Australia, we dont have attics here ;)

They were stored with a heap of other games in a box in my home. Ill see if i can get a pic later on, my digital camera is not real good though, the screen is stuffed, and i cant change the settings to get clear shots from it...

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:13 am

You know, I have been lucky then. I have, thus far, never had this happen to a CD. The closest to anything like this I hve had happen is that I have had a couple Laserdiscs Laser Rot, sadly. Nothing like this on my 3DO games though. :wink:
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:53 pm

I have proper storage for my laserdiscs to prevent laser rot... i wonder if i need to store my classic games in a similar manner.

In the laserdisc community, it's well known which manufacturer's made shoddy presses. Maybe we should track games as well?