Where Did You Buy Your Games?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Where Did You Buy Your Games?

Post by Dengar13 » Sat May 26, 2007 11:52 pm

Where did you all buy your games when they were sold in its day?

I bought mine at Electronics Boutique and Video Game Exchange (employee discount). I remember Software Boutique, but they were pretty pricey. I don't think they exist anymore.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Mon May 28, 2007 3:30 am

Wal-Mart, Gamecraze, Fun-co land or something? Mostly Wal-Mart though.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Mon May 28, 2007 5:43 am

Funcoland, Babbages, Electronics Boutique, Fleamarkets, Ebay (from 2002+) pretty much in that order to :)

when i first got into the 3do in 97, babbages and Elec Boutique had sales on alot of the 3do games like buy 2 get 1 free and buy 1 get 1 free type of sales
i would drive to all the Babbages and Electronics Boutiques in my general area and buy all the games i could afford :D

heh i found supermodels go wild at a fleamarket
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Mon May 28, 2007 11:54 am

initially a shop called Calculus. Then EB. I bought my copy of killing Time in Gamestation. eBay. My Nephew. I bought some through Mailorder Japan.

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Tue May 29, 2007 11:52 am

Hmm...

Thats a good Q. Initially, I pawned a 32X for cash, and bought a 3DO and games, then traded HELL for WAY OF THE WARRIOR (lol), and it went from there. EB, Funcoland, Ebay, MOJ, a few sources in Japan, and others.

Drax

btw... I'm back. Thailand was a blast, the store MARIO has become a Dreamcast & Saturn lovers wet dream. :)
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

Benny
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Benny » Thu May 31, 2007 1:24 pm

I remember getting my 3do games at Babbages, Electronic Boutique, and Games Express. Games Express always had a better selection, but occasionally you could pick up a used copy of any game at EB.

Dengar13
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dengar13 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:04 am

bonefish wrote:Wal-Mart, Gamecraze, Fun-co land or something? Mostly Wal-Mart though.
Oddly enough, we did not get any Wal-Marts in our area until the late 90's-early 2000's. Funco land? I used to see their ads all of the time in EGM magazine.

wulfren
3DO ZERO USER

Post by wulfren » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:01 am

By the time I purchased my 3DO most common stores were trying to liquidate there stock. The only two "stores" I bought games from was EB in East Town Mall (Knoxville TN) and a Wal-Mart near Bristol TN. The games I purchased from EB ranged from $.49 to $3.99 and the games I purchased at Wal-Mart were .50 & .75$ each. However the majority of the games I have owned were purchased as used from a local flea market for an average of 1.00 a piece. At the height of all the trade it was common for me to come home with a garbage bag full of games & packages.

These days tho, it seems like I'll be buying them Online and hopefully (if i can find them) off of individual owners
Wulfren

~Lupine Nobilis~