3do game with flight stick and/or control test

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:13 am

I find myself interested in finding out how to support the flight stick for 4DO. I was only able to figure out controls for a regular gamepad because I could disassemble FreeDO and then plug away at the remaining bits for the multi-player support. For a flight stick, however, I don't really have anything to go on.

There are several games out there that support a flight stick. However, are there any games that have a controller setup screen that would allow me to know when I've tricked the system into thinking there's a flight stick attached?

I don't know of an emulator that supports this and I don't have a flight stick of my own to try out.

Ideally for my purposes, a game control setup would behave like this:
1. As the gamer, I go to the controller setup screen using just a gamepad.
2. The controller setup screen says hi and tells me I have a gamepad plugged in.
3. I unplug the gamepad.
4. I plug a flight stick in.
5. The controller setup screen informs me that I have plugged in a flight stick.

If such a thing exists, I would be super-duper happy. 3DO cred to anybody who knows of one.

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:15 am

Oops. The topic was supposed to be:

Can a moderator bail me out? :oops:

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:36 pm

I'm thinking, but I could totally be wrong on this, that Killing Time's controller menu changes or behaves differently when the flightstick is plugged in.

awbacon, am I correct?
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

JohnnyDude
3DO ZERO USER

Post by JohnnyDude » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:43 pm

Thread revival!

Anybody with the hardware or knowledge on this flightstick? I would really like to get flightstick support added to 4DO. Again, to clarify, it would be very helpful to know if there's a game out there that will give me an indication that the console has detected a flight stick plugged in.

Also, I don't know any of the light gun games very well, but I could use similar circumstances.