3DO Hi score SS's

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

3DO Hi score SS's

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:20 pm

Hey guy's i did a topic search on this but got no joy. Did i miss it maybe? Do we have a thread for posting SS's of 3DO games that give you an end game score? :idea:

Back in 93-94, myself and a buddy used to take pics of our fastest track times on the old SNES Mario Kart. (what a couple of nerds). Yer, in those days, the camera i owned actually had film in it. I used to take the rolls of film to Kmart to get developed. Everytime the chic behind the desk see me coming her way she used to wince. I could read her face like a book from twenty meters away. She'd be like..."Oh no!...here comes that Super Mario Kart nerd again".

Just thought, you know, we could start one if we don't already have one. :arrow:
Last edited by Dr.Enceladus on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...eat well, stay fit, look good, feel great - die anyway...

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:35 pm

feel free to start away, i'll sticky it :)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:37 pm

I'm getting flashbacks to Gunstar and NFS times ... :P
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:53 pm

I tried to cheat, but it dawned on me he did cheat. He used the 30% increase in power cheat.

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:30 pm

well, from memory, there was a bit of a trick to getting a good pic. I was using a minolta camera. The room needed to be dark n don't use the flash. You had to get really close to the TV with a steady hand when you made the final "click".

I had this brainstorm on the "3DO hi score thing" because i just found my 3DO Hi score book with a bunch of my BattleSport victory's contained within. I carn't scan them? Thats silly, I could make anything up just to impress Trev :roll: I want real proof! and so do you!

Could we start to compile a possible list of 3DO score/points vs level based games and get the ball rolling fellas?.

Like, for instance, if you are going to post a Hi score, but you completed the level/game on "easy","medium","hard" etc mode. Don't forget to be honest please. (No photoshopping those Hi score's you rascals) Keep it R.E.A.L. :wink:

No prize's for the highest score's either, just a very cooool 3DO Zone hall of fame of Hi Scores with your name in lights for those future generations of kids to ponder why on this earth we bothered to do it. :?:

You never know, it might just take off.

Dr.E

1. BattleSport

2. .............?

3. .............?

4. .............?
etc...

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:24 pm

I'm up for this, but how many 3DO games have scores? That includes racing games with track times.

tinman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by tinman » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:05 pm

Once I get my other 3do out of storage (Dr Enceladus, you'd appreciate this; it's in storage at Kalgoorlie :D ), I'll fire it up and get a few scores from NFS and Samurai Shodown to put up here.

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:45 am

Austin wrote:I'm up for this, but how many 3DO games have scores? That includes racing games with track times.
I know, Thats why i asked to start some sort of list. (Captain quazar, Off World Interceptor, The Horde, Mega Race etc??)

A lot of 3DO's FMV titles have no score when you finish. :(

Dr.Enceladus
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Dr.Enceladus » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:53 am

tinman wrote:Once I get my other 3do out of storage (Dr Enceladus, you'd appreciate this; it's in storage at Kalgoorlie :D ), I'll fire it up and get a few scores from NFS and Samurai Shodown to put up here.
I feel ya man, this Monday i am picking up the rest of my collection of 3DO stuff which has been in storage in three boxes at my mates place in Wooroloo since i moved. :P

I gotta go through it all, sort out the doubles and sealed stuff...you after anything? :D

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:18 pm

Did this end up getting done?? I havent been on this forum for a very long time...

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:51 pm

CasetheCorvetteman wrote:Did this end up getting done?? I havent been on this forum for a very long time...
Sadly no, but we can start it up again if you would like. Samurai Shodown is an awesome game. I have chores to do now, but I will play it later today :)

CasetheCorvetteman
3DO ZERO USER

Post by CasetheCorvetteman » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:19 pm

By all means, i have a screen shot of my NFS scores i posted in another thread, had to pull the FZ-10-E out and fire it up to get the shot!! :lol:

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Well then.. Let's make a list of all the 3DO games that have trackable scores (that would be the best place to start!).

Here's what I can think of off the top of my head. Feel free to add others I have missed (and I am sure I have). Include Japanese games as well!

Bladeforce
Captain Quazar
Demolition Man (looking at the Jap version I have, it looks like it tracks score)
Gex
Gridders
Mazer
Need for Speed
PaTaank
Primal Rage
Real Pinball
Road Rash (race times)
Shanghai Triple Threat (in arcade mode?)
Star Fighter
Starblade
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Total Eclipse
Trip'd
Way of the Warrior
Wolfenstein 3D

Some in question:

Off-World--you get money in this one, right? But you can spend it, so that's not really a score. Does it have a set score that you do not see during gameplay?