All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

ajgiov
3DO ZERO USER

Tracking Down Longbox Crash 'n Burn

Post by ajgiov » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:23 pm

After reading Bitrate's comprehensive post from 2008 found here:
http://cdinteractive.co.uk/3do/forum/vi ... .php?t=888

I have found myself wanting a complete longbox version of the US release.

The problem? I don't know which of those that Bitrate posted of the US titles are more rare then the others............nor can I find any of them complete.

I need your help! I think from that thread that the only US longbox stand alone release was this one:

Confirm/Deny :!:

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Re: Tracking Down Longbox Crash 'n Burn

Post by bitrate » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:34 pm

ajgiov wrote: I need your help! I think from that thread that the only US longbox stand alone release was this one:

Confirm/Deny :!:

True. The other US longbox that you see pictured in that thread was an early concept box / marketing box for the game which does not have software inside.

The long box pictured above shows up every once in a while, but as I stated in that other thread, it is somewhat difficult to come by due to the fact that the game was released as a pack-in with so many systems that not many people bothered picking up the stand alone long box version.

ajgiov wrote:The problem? I don't know which of those that Bitrate posted of the US titles are more rare then the others............nor can I find any of them complete.

The "red" long box version pictured above is definitely the rarest "released" US version of the game. It comes with the solid red disk.
Of course, the "blue" long box that doesn't come with the game is even more rare, but it was never released for the public to buy either.

ajgiov
3DO ZERO USER

Post by ajgiov » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Many thanks bitrate, time to go on the hunt!

dark
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dark » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:52 am

Mega bump. (sorry)

I'm very interested in getting a long box of Crash n Burn. I can't find any record of them on any merchant sites, suggesting it is fairly rare. Any knowledge as to what price to expect one to come up for would be appreciated - I would like to see if this is something within my range.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:32 am

They pop up from time to time. I got mine on eBay, before eventually selling it to 3DOkid. I've seen at least two in the last year through casual 3DO browsing on eBay.

dark
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dark » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:14 am

Can I ask what the price was?

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:50 am

I believe mine was $25 USD (probably too much).