Were you alone?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

I was the only person I knew with a 3DO?

true - I am individual, unhindered by popular thought.
75%
false - i have friends. Unlike 3DO kid.
25%

Total votes: 8

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Were you alone?

Post by 3DOKid » Tue May 08, 2007 9:39 pm

I was, well am, the only person I know with a 3DO. In all the UK, all I had was rumours of people who had one but i never met another UK 3DO owner in the flesh. Now - thanks to this forum I'm aware there were others but liked I said never met anyone.

I have a sneaking suspicion this is a common theme.

3DO Kid.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue May 08, 2007 11:48 pm

well when the system came out i didnt buy mine, i waited untill early 1997 to get my first 3do, and at that time i didnt know anyone with a 3do but a few years later i sold a 3do to some guy i met next to the videogame guy that worked in the carhartt booth

ive met more people with 3do's since 2002 then before
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

pitsunami
3DO ZERO USER

Post by pitsunami » Wed May 09, 2007 12:50 am

Yep,never met another one with a 3do. Thats why i feel special :wink:

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Wed May 09, 2007 1:13 am

Never met anyone else who owns a 3DO... Or a Jaguar, or a TurboDuo, or a Neo-Geo, or a Virtual Boy. I guess I blaze my own path.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Wed May 09, 2007 1:45 am

To my knowledge, I've never met anyone who ownes a 3DO and I live in an extremely populated area.

Actually, not having met someone who ownes a 3DO may not mean as much as we're making it out to be. The only systems owned by friends of mine were the NES, SNES, Genesis, and I knew one person who owned a Turbo Grafx.

So it seems to me, at least in my case, that there are a very large number of systems not owned by people that I knew/know.

bonefish
3DO ZERO USER

Post by bonefish » Wed May 09, 2007 3:29 am

Interesting sales figures here:

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=14306

The first post guy quotes 700k 3do units sold. This sounds about right I remember seeing a number similar to that in a mid 90's game magazine. None of the 3do producers releasing sales data was probably more the result of embarrasment by Sony's mighty Playstation.

klogg
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Were you alone?

Post by klogg » Wed May 09, 2007 6:03 am

3DOKid wrote:I was, well am, the only person I know with a 3DO. In all the UK, all I had was rumours of people who had one but i never met another UK 3DO owner in the flesh. Now - thanks to this forum I'm aware there were others but liked I said never met anyone.

3DO Kid.
Well, I barely belive in you, Mr Kid.
Even living in Brazil, I have some friends that had/still have their 3do's.
Oh, and before someone thinks that we don't have/had other consoles here, I wish to say that we have, and videogames are very popular on our country.

I still refuse to believe that so few people in the UK remember of 3do!

:shock:

maclic
3DO ZERO USER

Post by maclic » Wed May 09, 2007 4:32 pm

I'm the only one with a 3do in my area.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Were you alone?

Post by 3DOKid » Fri May 11, 2007 7:17 am

klogg wrote:
3DOKid wrote:I was, well am, the only person I know with a 3DO. In all the UK, all I had was rumours of people who had one but i never met another UK 3DO owner in the flesh. Now - thanks to this forum I'm aware there were others but liked I said never met anyone.

3DO Kid.
Well, I barely belive in you, Mr Kid.
Even living in Brazil, I have some friends that had/still have their 3do's.
Oh, and before someone thinks that we don't have/had other consoles here, I wish to say that we have, and videogames are very popular on our country.

I still refuse to believe that so few people in the UK remember of 3do!

:shock:
It's absolutely true. Even the usual suspect, my brother who bought every other games console I ever bought, didn't get a 3DO. I work in I.T., a geeky geek-fest, and none of my colleagues even remember the 3DO ...

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Fri May 25, 2007 8:12 pm

I guess I never realized how fortunate I was, because I did have a friend who also owned a 3do . Not only that, but his parents owned a movie rental store that rented out video games (3do included!) I actually knew of two such stores that rented 3do games not far from where I lived.

Years later, I made a new friend and discovered that he too had a 3do. What was really surprising is that it wasn't stashed in his closet, but was hooked up in his living room. :o

So in total, I have had two friends who have owned a 3do. From the sound of it, I guess I am among the record holders. (sad isn't it?)