REPRODUCTION 3DO GAMES

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

carlo3do
3DO ZERO USER

REPRODUCTION 3DO GAMES

Post by carlo3do » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:39 am

ok just want to ask wy we dont have a section for 3do games like they do at NINTENDO AGE , SEGA AGE, ATARI AGE , i see them make 100 unit of a rare game each time and every user buy a # so they can always track it down like a serial number or something iam not talking about common games but about the rare expensive ones like Dino tycoon or Lucien quest or some of the rare korien games

don't go crazy on me jut asking :D

carlo3do
3DO ZERO USER

Post by carlo3do » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:00 pm

:D
Last edited by carlo3do on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GuruMeditation

Post by GuruMeditation » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:22 pm

Hey, those look great! I'd be interested in a download link :)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Re: REPRODUCTION 3DO GAMES

Post by Trev » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:25 pm

carlo3do wrote:ok just want to ask wy we dont have a section for 3do games like they do at NINTENDO AGE , SEGA AGE, ATARI AGE , i see them make 100 unit of a rare game each time and every user buy a # so they can always track it down like a serial number or something iam not talking about common games but about the rare expensive ones like Dino tycoon or Lucien quest or some of the rare korien games

don't go crazy on me jut asking :D
Have you met my friends 3DOKid & 3DOExp? :wink:
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:52 pm

If you can make the boxes, you should do the rereleases yourself.
That's some fancy box work.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:10 pm

Nice work.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:18 am

We tend to worry a little about copying games here. However Icebreaker 2 does have an official free release here.

As for your covers they look really nice. You should consider contributing to thecoverproject.net. I like your setup better than their mostly used templates.

Can I make one request? Please stop using my 3D-3DO logo. If you want a high quality version of the actual logo I will gladly give it to you. I'm not upset. It's just that everyone seems to use the one I made for my web page and to be honest I think it looks rather bad on covers.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

carlo3do
3DO ZERO USER

Post by carlo3do » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:04 am

3DO Experience wrote:We tend to worry a little about copying games here. However Icebreaker 2 does have an official free release here.

ok i understand no reproduction

As for your covers they look really nice. You should consider contributing to thecoverproject.net. I like your setup better than their mostly used templates.

thanx for ur advice iam already a member there they don't appreciate my work i think they not passionate enough for 3do like we do

Can I make one request? Please stop using my 3D-3DO logo. If you want a high quality version of the actual logo I will gladly give it to you. I'm not upset. It's just that everyone seems to use the one I made for my web page and to be honest I think it looks rather bad on covers.
wow nice work on that logo i found it on Google while searching for a 3do logo and urs was the most elegant classy logo iv seen and i found it very attractive on my covers now if ur angry i will remove it and if ur not i would appreciate a high quality version of the actual logo via pm

thank you in advance

ps:do you want me to remove the covers??

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:38 pm

I'll be absolutely 100% honest on this.

In some ways I like the idea of re-releasing harder to get games. Although a lot in that list don't qualify. Novastorm isn't rare. And I like the box art to be honest. 3DO experience has done some excellent stuff in the past too.

Some point's however:

1) Anyone with access to Google can find the ISO's to almost any game. This is what I find particularly irritating about the moron's in here that make ROM requests.

2) If someone, by someone I mean some corporation, get's the arse, the forum will just be closed down. I don't want that.

3) There are lot's of collectors on here, I feel it's my job, as their friend, to protect them from endless 'Can I have ROMS' requests. By semi-legitimizing ROMs in the above manner, I believe it will change the forum from a small close community of 3DO enthusiasts and collectors, to an endless barrage of pig-ignorant "TEH ROMZ" requests from the socially retarded and inept Click-Generation that comes with that.

I'd be first to admit that I endlessly lower the tone of the forum, talk rubbish and derail threads, however I do not wish for the forum to be over run by over opinionated 'kids' just out to irritate and hoard ROMs, and ultimately alienate long standing other members.

I'd rather have 10 regulars on here that I know and trust, than 2,000 dim wit's basically.

Now, back to the point. If folks want to do this kind of thing, they can, but I'm sorry the forum can't endorse it. However, I would happily pay for a clone of some rare games in a custom box. So there you go :)

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:51 pm

3DOKid wrote:I'd rather have 10 regulars on here that I know and trust, than 2,000 dim wit's basically.
Well spoken.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

carlo3do
3DO ZERO USER

Post by carlo3do » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:04 pm

3DO Kid You lost me, anyway it was just a suggestion cause in my county we have a license from our government to produce pressed fake cds we have it all ps2 360 wii thousand r produced every day so i said to my self wy not retro cds wy not 3do, so i asked a friend of mine who work there and he told me they don't do small amount only 1000 and up, anyway after debating i told him i want to try 100 cd first to see what happened so he made some calculation and i was surprised he told me for every cd pressed with original artwork on the cd and a high quality cover will cost 8$,now thats high cause we get wii cds and ps2 for 0.60 cent and x360 for 0.80cent .but i think 8$ is better than paying hundreds.

anyway 3DOKid i am a big fan of your blog i remember 4 or 5 years ago i discovered it by chance and it was the first time i heard about N.O.B and firewall from you :D

keep up the good work

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Putting repros in the market is good way to upset some collectors. And then you always get those people that buy them cheap and sell them off for more trying to say its the real thing.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:32 pm

You wanna talk about pissing off people with repros? I have the original Pepsi Optimus Prime that you have to win from Pepsi Cola. It was worth two thousand dollars US. A few years back to reproduced the sticker! A DAMN STICKER! Now it's worth two hundred! AND the real stinger was it was special to me... now it's just another transformer with extra stickers.... f*ckers!

Ok as far as the logo, I'm not angry. I made it to look different as I had no high quality version of the logo at the time I made it. I don't seem it to care for it on covers but everyone seems to like it. I bet they don't care for your covers because they are too true to the original material. You know that here we prefer it. :)

You don't have take down the images. As far as the logo do you want my 3D logo or the official one? I made mine at 302x150 so that's as big as it gets but I do have the psd so I can send it as a tiff for better quality. As for the official logo tell me the size you would like it at.

carlo3do
3DO ZERO USER

Post by carlo3do » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:39 pm

thank you 3DO Experience :D i would like the 3d 3do logo if there no trouble :)
would you like me to upload the covers i done here and open a 3do cover section ?? do you mind?? :)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:48 pm

You can just post links to the covers here for now.

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Those were rally nice, too bad you had to take them down

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:44 pm

He could have left them up, but they were taking a while to load.

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Well the thread is on page two now, problem solved. But yeah that load was way annoying trying to read the thread then it would jump... like 7 times.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Glad to know it wasn't just my computer.

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:59 am

Carl3do do you make custom discart too?

Old Gregg
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Old Gregg » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:53 am

He needs them for his pirated discs!
I'm Old Gregg!

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:30 am

Old Gregg wrote:He needs them for his pirated discs!
This guy shows up like twice a year and its always one of those lulz moments that everyone is thinking but no one says!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:23 am

LOL