GameSetWatch

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

GameSetWatch

Post by 3DOKid » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:58 pm

Yeah - I contribute - badly - to the Game Set and Watch website http://www.gamesetwatch.com

I'm doing a series on Jaguar vs 3DO. My efforts always stink of trying to hard I know but hey - it's fun.

...anyway it sounds cool when I say I'm writing a column for CMP media or whatever it is. ...my mum was impressed anyway.

(leave me alone - I was enjoying myself!)

I'd never be a journalist - it's shockingly hard.

3DO Kid.

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: GameSetWatch

Post by Devin » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:10 am

3DOKid wrote:I'd never be a journalist - it's shockingly hard.
and the money is crap! Good on you for that column though.

I'll have a good read of that latter in the week.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:32 am

I said it on my blog - I'll say it again. Mentally it must be draining being a game reviewer. Simply trying to be interesting and original all the piggin' time. God forbid I had to be polite or maintain a word count on the stuff I do - hell, even use grammar.

And I do it sub-amateur for a subject I'm actually interested in. Imagine being a reviewer for the Official Nintendo or PS mags. Sure, there must be some fun but good grief it must be hard work. The joy of when you're sat there with the latest and greatest release of a genre you love. That must be great. Being forced to play and then write 300 words on: "Who-gives-a-shove 4" that must not be so great.

And then people only comment when they don't agree with you.

I intend to start "Let us give a Game Journalist a good day" Campaign. Where we all email them telling them how right they are and how much we agreed with every word.

Some sort of penance in my case [ahem].

Mobius

Post by Mobius » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:54 am

I enjoyed today's column, and it led me here! I've also been reading and enjoying your 3DO blog. I guess that makes me a fan? Anyway, keep it up, and it's good to see a 3DO community popping up here.

I love "dead" systems (even the Jaguar!). It's always fun finding the diamond in the rough and having a really good time with a game you never would have heard of otherwise. (Like when I got a 3DO and played Return Fire. Awesome.)

Devin
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by Devin » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:59 am

Mobius wrote:It's good to see a 3DO community popping up here.
Before the forum is properly launched as well! :wink:

Great to see new users here already Mobius. Stick around we should have plenty to talk about even if the system is 'Dead'.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:17 am

Mobius wrote:I enjoyed today's column, and it led me here! I've also been reading and enjoying your 3DO blog. I guess that makes me a fan? Anyway, keep it up, and it's good to see a 3DO community popping up here.

I love "dead" systems (even the Jaguar!). It's always fun finding the diamond in the rough and having a really good time with a game you never would have heard of otherwise. (Like when I got a 3DO and played Return Fire. Awesome.)
Hello buddy!

I'm glad you enjoy the blog. (That's 3 now. Me, You and my mum!)

Yeah - I give the Jag a ribbing, just baiting the Jagfans really - I sometimes get a bite...

Some objecting that I didn't compare NFS to Power Rally on the Jag that sort of thing... :)

All the best and stick around!

3DO Kid.

dawid22
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dawid22 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:17 pm

Yup, I'm here because of that article as well :)

Tell me guys, what is NFS like on the 3DO? I only started with NFS2 on the PS1 back in the day and never played the first one.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Re: GameSetWatch

Post by Lemmi » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:28 pm

3DOKid wrote:Yeah - I contribute - badly - to the Game Set and Watch website http://www.gamesetwatch.com

I'd never be a journalist - it's shockingly hard.

3DO Kid.
bah your doing a great job

i saw you mention this site in your blog but when i went there i couldnt find any article by you untill now :)

i love the little digs against the Jag, sometimes those people need to be put in their place ;)
the Atariage Jag forum has always been a hot bed of tention and fighting, thats why i hardly go into that forum anymore untill i saw your name listed at the bottom of the site :D
its the only forum with a " Forum Rules - Read Before Posting! " thread :D
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:58 pm

dawid22 wrote:Yup, I'm here because of that article as well :)

Tell me guys, what is NFS like on the 3DO? I only started with NFS2 on the PS1 back in the day and never played the first one.
NFS 2 was appalling. NFS on the PS1 was appalling too. Honestly - the best version was NFS on the 3DO. Then there is a big gap of 6 years and they released NFS Porsche unleashed. Which was pretty good.

NFS runs pretty good (not perfect) on Freedo. Should you be inclined.

dawid22
3DO ZERO USER

Post by dawid22 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:45 am

Was Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed on the 3DO as well?! Please provide me a link!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:12 am

dawid22 wrote:Was Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed on the 3DO as well?! Please provide me a link!
sadly it wasnt. it was good though.