Is there a good site for 3DO screenshots?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Is there a good site for 3DO screenshots?

Post by Calavera » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:48 am

I'm looking for a site that has screenshots for basically every 3DO game. I have been to VGMuseum but they only have screenshots for a handful of games. So does a site exist that has screens for almost every 3DO game? If not I think we should make one! Not a website mind you, but a forum topic. I would be happy to help with the screens where I could.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:03 am

Digitalpress has what is probably the most extensive collection of 3DO game screenshots in the "Online Rarity Guide" section for the 3DO.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Re: Is there a good site for 3DO screenshots?

Post by 3DOKid » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:08 am

Calavera wrote:I'm looking for a site that has screenshots for basically every 3DO game. I have been to VGMuseum but they only have screenshots for a handful of games. So does a site exist that has screens for almost every 3DO game? If not I think we should make one! Not a website mind you, but a forum topic. I would be happy to help with the screens where I could.
http://fz1-3do.blog.co.uk

Not every game I admit but enough to convince all but the hardcore.

If you click on the pictures in any article you will get the full size one.

sneth
Nibbler

Post by sneth » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:48 pm

This guy gives real quick reviews, so take them lightly.

http://www.videogamecritic.net/index.htm

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Re: Is there a good site for 3DO screenshots?

Post by Calavera » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:12 pm

3DOKid wrote:
Calavera wrote:I'm looking for a site that has screenshots for basically every 3DO game. I have been to VGMuseum but they only have screenshots for a handful of games. So does a site exist that has screens for almost every 3DO game? If not I think we should make one! Not a website mind you, but a forum topic. I would be happy to help with the screens where I could.
http://fz1-3do.blog.co.uk

Not every game I admit but enough to convince all but the hardcore.

If you click on the pictures in any article you will get the full size one.
Very nice, I am currently in the process of reading every review on there 8) I've noticed that on some of the articles the thumbnail pictures are there but when you click on them they are not available. Not a big deal just thought I'd let you know.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:16 pm

Digitalpress does not seem to have as many screen shots as I remember them having...
At any rate, it is safe to say that 3DOKid's blog is by far the best repository for 3DO screen shots.

Calavera
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Calavera » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:28 pm

bitrate wrote:Digitalpress does not seem to have as many screen shots as I remember them having...
At any rate, it is safe to say that 3DOKid's blog is by far the best repository for 3DO screen shots.
His blog is exactly what I was looking for, reviews of 3DO games with a few screenshots. Makes it a lot easier to see what games I need to try out on the 3DO.

vestcoat
3DO ZERO USER

Post by vestcoat » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:11 am

It's only forty games, but I like this guy's reviews: http://www.retro-sanctuary.com/TOP%2040 ... GAMES.html

Well written, knowledgeable about retro history and other ports, plays past his first impression, and his Top 40 shows good taste with some curve balls outside of the usual suspects to keep things interesting.

His SMS Top 100 is good too.

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:57 pm

In my defence, it's well known the initial feeling is usually the right one. Plus, I have natural charm. Which makes up for all my other varied short comings.