Playing your 3DO via converter/upscaler/line-doubler?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Virtual Audio QSound
3DO ZERO USER

Playing your 3DO via converter/upscaler/line-doubler?

Post by Virtual Audio QSound » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:28 pm

If so name the device or brand of adapter used to channel video through your Real Interactive Multiplayer; or Sanyo or Goldstar, which ever 3DO faction you belong to. Here's mine.

Console: Panasonic 3DO FZ-10
Converter: XRGB-3 unit (Micomsoft)
Method: SCART RGB > VGA
Modification: Acquired
Last edited by Virtual Audio QSound on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Panasonic 3DO R.E.A.L. Interactive Multiplayer~

Aw yeah. 3DO is the real deal.

acem77
3DO ZERO USER

Post by acem77 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:35 pm

Console: Panasonic 3DO FZ-1
Converter: XRGB-2 plus unit (Micomsoft)
Method: SCART RGB > VGA
Modifications: RGB modded by acem77
Digital audio modded by acem77

I modded mine to RGB mainly because the image looked terrible once connected to the XRGB2-Plus with s-video, many artifacts.
I Connected 3do plus all my other old school systems to the XRGB to get a vga like image and reduce lag on my HD tv.

The audio mod is another direction for the same reason better output.

Virtual Audio QSound
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Virtual Audio QSound » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:03 am

I never considered Optical Out for anything else besides my 360 which is currently attached to the television. Even then I do not own a surround sound set-up with speakers to totally take advantage (though it would be something I would like to have one day). I assume results I'm getting connecting the Optical cable straight into the TV are minor. Are you using a stereo receiver to further take advantage of the sound output? Should I wind up getting another pre-modded 3DO I'll make sure it uses that sound format.

Before I found my new modded console I had the other 3DO connected via S-Video > XRGB-3. The graphics weren't necessarily bad, but they weren't anything special either. While tolerable the colors felt washed-out highly saturated, everything else was on point though. No artifacts to report. I thought to myself it could have been worse, what if it looked like NES? I got the NES hooked up through crappy composite video, while lucky the XRGB combs off dot crawls. NES games remain unplayable and graphics look like mud. Compared to the 3DO's tolerable S-Video NES is insufferable.

Funny thing is both consoles especially the 3DO looked damned flawless on my old standard TV. Was never a fan of lag myself, I use the XRGB in B1 mode which serves to reduce lag in HD form. I almost never tap B0 firmware bank.
~Panasonic 3DO R.E.A.L. Interactive Multiplayer~

Aw yeah. 3DO is the real deal.