Best 3DO games to revive for "today"...

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

awbacon
3DO ZERO USER

Best 3DO games to revive for "today"...

Post by awbacon » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:49 am

I was playing some 3DO earlier, while neglecting my current gen consoles yet again, and I started thinking...

What if you could pick a developer to recreate or revamp some of your favorite 3DO games for current gen hardware.

My hope with this topic is that we can get creative with our imaginations and toss ideas back and forth of what games would make the leap to current hardware and either be as good, or better, than their 3DO counterparts

So here is what I came up with

1) Trip'd (Nintendo DS / 3DS) Developed by Grasshopper Manufacture (same people who did Killer 7 / No More Heroes)

How fun would it be to take a game like Trip'd, put it on a handheld, create some more mini games, and get it developed by a company (Grasshopper) that could match, if not exceed, the strangeness that Warp originally brought to the table?

A fun way to kill time on the subway for sure

2) Killing Time - 360 / PS3 - Developed by 2K games (same guys that made Bioshock)

Wouldn't it be crazy if you took the concept of Killing Time, the awesome soundtrack, unique storyline and setting, and absurd characters, then had the developers that made Bioshock remake the game? Something about the entire Killing Time package seems like it would be perfect for the guys behind Bioshock to handle. I can imagine Matinicus Isle done up in the same type of period art style that Bioshock has.

That's a real WISH for me haha

3) Escape from Monster Manor - 360 Kinect Game (made by whoever...I dont care)

Escape from Monster Manor always had a sort of "absurd" quality for me...almost kiddy like, never quite scary at all. Why not translate that same "haunted house" feeling to Kinect? Make it almost feel like an interactive ride where your hands did all the aiming. Light gun type of game where your traveling through a crazy fun house, shooting everything that moves?

That's all I could think of right now. If anyone else wants to contribute, this could be a fun thread

OfManNotMachine
3DO ZERO USER

Post by OfManNotMachine » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:38 pm

I would love to see a new Space Hulk game. Space Hulk is one of my favorite 3DO Games of all time. It was ported to the Saturn and PSX, but the ports we're HORRIBLE.

Naughty Dog should take a break from the Uncharted games, and Jason Rubin should bust out his ninja outfit and do another Way of the Warrior game.

Those would be my 2 picks of games I'd love to see on the current generation of consoles.

prabmire
3DO ZERO USER

Post by prabmire » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:00 pm

I would love to see the original need for speed revived, same game, same gamplay FMV, but cleaned up graphics pretty much :)

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:48 am

Since KT, EfMM and SH were already mentioned... sure pick my personal favorites! I'd have to choose HELL: A Cyberpunk Thriller for the 360. I really love that game, and imagine how horrorific hell in the game could look!!! Of course it would have had to have been made before Dennis Hopper died. Unless they still have high quality recordings from when they made the game.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

MrAshDarksideTM
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MrAshDarksideTM » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:39 am

Starfighter with modern graphics and draw distances, with the same core gameplay quirks (deformable land, destructible everything, leaving the atmosphere) would be quite nice.
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return.

Lemmi
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Lemmi » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:29 am

i would want a someone to fix up all the half done unreleased games for the 3do, ON THE 3DO, none of this 360/ps3 garbage ;)
Ex-3DO collector extraordinaire , but i still have my collection
Villagephotos is dead, need to find my old pics and find another host