Power Slide and Onside Soccer still available.

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Power Slide and Onside Soccer still available.

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:29 am

You know, I looked around and couldn't find anything on the re-releases of these, so I thought I would pop it here. Good Deal Games does have these two games available for purchase as a set on their website. I guess they were originally talking releasing a couple other 3DO games if they did well, but nothing has come of it yet, so possibly they didn't sell well?

http://www.gooddealgames.com/inventory/3DO.html
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:23 am

Well OlderGames did royal rip them off.
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:31 am

3DO Experience wrote:Well OlderGames did royal rip them off.
Yup. That's why I think it would be important to support GDG on these releases so they can recoup some of the money they lost on their 3DO Venture.

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Re: Power Slide and Onside Soccer still available.

Post by bitrate » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:31 am

T2KFreeker wrote: I guess they were originally talking releasing a couple other 3DO games if they did well, but nothing has come of it yet...

I'm not sure if they had any other games to release for the 3DO system.

At one point a couple of years back they had asked me if I was interested in doing some production runs of some of my unreleased 3DO games. I got the impression during that discussion that they didn't have any other 3DO games.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:37 am

Well they actually paid for the rights to sell the two games they have. I actually cleaned up OnSide but never sent it to them because I wanted to do PowerSlide as well but the OG ver. is too messed up and I don't have the image that was used to make it.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:39 pm

Hmm, interesting information. No more games, huh? That sucks. Also, what was so bad about the Power Slide image? Who was screwing these up anyway?

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:51 am

Mnemonic, the guy who did the first signing took it upon himself to butcher some important files in the game.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:07 am

3DO Experience wrote:Mnemonic, the guy who did the first signing took it upon himself to butcher some important files in the game.
Just because I am a laymen, what kinds of files are we talking? Does it have an impact in an adverse way to the way the game runs on the 3DO? I am just trying to picture this is all as I hate when people take it upon themselves to monkey around with crap they have no idea about.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Well I did notice Icebreaker loads a little faster but this is really to satisfy the purist in me. Signing the game is like taking off the shrink-wrap, butchering the files is like writing on the game with magic marker.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:42 pm

3DO Experience wrote:Well I did notice Icebreaker loads a little faster but this is really to satisfy the purist in me. Signing the game is like taking off the shrink-wrap, butchering the files is like writing on the game with magic marker.
I see. I do take the shrink wrap off of my games because I play them. The Magic Marker crap though? For Shame! :x

Edi (FZ2D)
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Edi (FZ2D) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:21 pm

These two titles are beta versions of games that way canceled at the time?

Gir Draxa
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Gir Draxa » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:24 pm

There were a few beta titles left that I could have sent them. Powerslide was my bad. I'd been out of contact with them for quite some time and, according to RW, they had lost the image file for it.

About a day or two before their publishing date, I contacted them on a whim just to check and see if the emails in my address book were still good. They told me about their intent to publish. I still had it, and sent it to them last minute. I don't think he and the gang had much time left, so I can see low production values of the disc being done.

Drax
CEO of The (in search of a home) CD-i & 3DO Collectives

Just slightly behind at being ahead of our time!

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat May 19, 2012 6:26 pm

I just found these at the gooddeal games website and did a search to not double post..

So here is my question. Are these any good? It would be fun checking out but at $40 im uncertain if its worth it.

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

Post by Austin » Sat May 19, 2012 8:05 pm

I haven't played them, but the impression I got from people that did was, no, they are not good, but they are at least interesting curiosities if you are the kind of person that likes to occasionally wonder about "what could have been".

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Sat May 19, 2012 9:06 pm

Austin wrote:I haven't played them, but the impression I got from people that did was, no, they are not good, but they are at least interesting curiosities if you are the kind of person that likes to occasionally wonder about "what could have been".
I agree with this totally. Power slide, particularly for me, was one of those.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » Sat May 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Ok, ill give this a pass for now then

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Thu May 24, 2012 4:02 am

Onside is actually decent, but there are simply too many better soccer games on the 3DO for it to really stand out.

Powerslide is far less complete, and really only good to see what might have been w/a few more months development.

I still enjoyed both though.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Fri May 25, 2012 11:57 am

I think powerslide would have been brilliant. The Atari Jag had Power Drive Rally which is pretty neat too, but a 3D version for the 3DO would have been skill!

MakillaGorilla
3DO ZERO USER

Post by MakillaGorilla » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:02 pm

forgive me for the folly of ignorance in this particular area, but are people playing these games/demos (such as the unfinished games) by downloading the isos and burning their own discs, or from buying them from a small manufacturer?

Im not asking for deh romzez or anything, if i can find a production level copy, ill buy it. I just don't know where to find these puppies.
'Did that guy just say he thinks rings are cool!?!?'

Most Desired Games:
-Out of This World (longbox) -Alone in the Dark (longbox) -Lucienne's Quest (longbox) -Killing Time (longbox) -Robinson's Requiem (longbox) -Strahl (longbox) -Dragon Lore (longbox) -Star Control II (longbox) -Sailor Moon (JPN) -Doctor Hauzer (JPN) -Montana Jones (JPN)

bitrate
3DO DEMI-GOD

Post by bitrate » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:52 pm

I believe GoodDealGames is still selling Onside Soccer and Power Slide.

Trev
3DO ZONE MOD

Post by Trev » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:48 pm

MakillaGorilla wrote:forgive me for the folly of ignorance in this particular area, but are people playing these games/demos (such as the unfinished games) by downloading the isos and burning their own discs, or from buying them from a small manufacturer?

Im not asking for deh romzez or anything, if i can find a production level copy, ill buy it. I just don't know where to find these puppies.
The link at the top works. Like bitrate said, they are still for sale at GDG.
Most wanted - Eye of Typhoon, 3DO Magazines issues #14 & #15, Pro Stadium, Defcon 5