Return To Monster Manor?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Return To Monster Manor?

Post by T2KFreeker » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:19 am

You know, when I was working at game Dude back in the day, this is a game that we got a flier for that I always wondered if anything ever was done with it? Being a huge fan of the original, I really wanted to see this one. Supposedly it was going to be a two disc game with multiple floors, more enemies, a faster frame rate than the original and more enemies. I guess it was supposed to be another collaboration between Studio 3DO and Electronic Arts, but other than that flier, way back in the day, I never saw anything about it again. Excitement lead to depression after never hearing anything about it again. I was even hopeful that it had moved onto the M2 until Matsushita announced it's cancellation. Anyone have any information on the game and know if anything other than the flier ever existed for it? Any info would be greatly appreciated as I would love to imagine what this one would have been like! "Tread Carefully Now!"
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

Vance
3DO ZERO USER

Post by Vance » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:59 am

Gamedude offered me a management position on the spot around late 2001. But everybody there seemed to hate life and I didn't want to get into that shit. Took a job with Wherehouse Music's experimental Gamespace which turned out to be a much shorter career, but at least it was probably a happier one.

Anyway, you missed the chance to ask Leo Schwab about two or three months back. He posted here and I believe he was very much in the know about Monster Manor.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:54 am

Never heard of it, do you still have the flier?
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:38 am

3DO Experience wrote:Never heard of it, do you still have the flier?
I wish! This is when I worked at Gamedude and it's been ages. Playstation and Saturn were still new at the time and they were still making the 3DO and Jaguar. The flier was never mine, it was the stores. I wish I had half the crap that came to that store. You ought to see the 3D nights poster that came in. They still have it hanging in there it looks so damn cool. Hell, they threw out the 3DO Kiosks they had. I wish I could have snagged them back then because they had the Panasonic one and the Goldstar one.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!