Man things to do with a 3DO. (56k warning!)

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Man things to do with a 3DO. (56k warning!)

Post by 3DOKid » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:26 pm

Because I'm a man, something buried in my DNA, in the fabric of my soul, my very being, means that I'm spiritually bound to screw drivers. Something about their form. Their shape. The way you can use one to take anything apart. Tanks. Cars. Electrical stuff. Children.

So, today, i doned the might jeans of power and with purpose and a wistful look in my eye, I marched towards the lounge, ceremonial twiddling stick (Screw driver) in hand. Resolute. Controlled. And ready. But I was stopped dead in my holy tracks. The accursed woman.

Apparently, and I still don't believe her lying devil tongue, but she claimed Sony wouldn't honour my guarantee if i took the PS3 to bits - so she suggested taking one of those 'damned', yes - that's right, she actually swore, 3DOs to bits.

I appreciate that it's blasphemy, but hey; Die if you do, die if you don't, right?

So I did. Ever wondered what the FZ-1 looked like inside? Wonder no more.

Figure 1: Ready darling?

Figure 2: Then assume the position.

Figure 3: Four screws and then take the top off?

Figure 4: CD tray.

Figure 5: 3DO protection. Lots more screws then.

Figure 6: That's it - we're in.

Now a strange new world of 3DO chips...

Figure 7: Freedom chips.

Figure 8: 3DO chips.

Figure 9: Chips with everything.

T2KFreeker
3DO ZERO USER

Post by T2KFreeker » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:22 am

That's a beautiful thing man. I love the 3DO. Look at all those risc chips in there. That's alot of the power of the system right there. The 3DO had more risc power than any console in histort, and it was able to do some severaly interresting and supposedly impossible things with the risc chips. See Starblade for an example. Now you all see why I love working on these things, and you also see why they are such a pain in the ass to work on as well.
This is a stick up! Put all of your 3DO games in the bag and nobody gets hurt!

3DOKid
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DOKid » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:39 am

This may sound weird - but if you want super hires Tiff versions of those I have them ;)

(I was going to make the one with the 3DO branded chip into a poster...)

Oh god - what have i become...?

BryWI
3DO ZERO USER

Post by BryWI » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:22 pm

the metal covering screws are stuck on my unit. so I ended up bending it back the last time i opened mine. heh. You can also see why the lights are really fricken bright :)