3DO adapter for Innovation PlayStation joystick?

All general 3DO chat here please.

Moderators: 3DO Experience, Devin, Bas, 3DOKid

Austin
Master Poster & Pricing Expert

3DO adapter for Innovation PlayStation joystick?

Post by Austin » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:31 am

This is a unique joystick that uses adapters to enable the stick to be used on a variety of platforms. Supposedly there is also a 3DO adapter. Has anyone seen one of these adapters for this stick? I have the stick, but of course I am highly doubtful I will ever find the 3DO adapter.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1996wt_922

GuruMeditation

Post by GuruMeditation » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Wow! We used to sell these back in the day in the game shop I worked in. :D If I remember correctly, the stick itself wasn't hardwired to any particular system, but came bundled with a bunch of adapters for the various systems, which would just plug into a proprietary adapter at the end of the cable.

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:19 am

Shipping is a little up there, unless it's heavy. Do you remember how light it was Zombie13? [EDIT] Just looked up on other sites. Some say it's made of metal, explaining why it would be heavy and "Connection cords for the PlayStation/PlayStation 2 and SEGA Saturn are included."
[2nd EDIT] Another site says "3.1 lbs."
"Wait. You don't have a bag of charcoal in your gaming room???"

Austin

Post by Austin » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:19 am

I can weigh it when I get home. Mine only came with the PlayStation attachment though, and it was supposedly brand new (I got it from the auction link above).

Austin

Post by Austin » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:42 pm

If my small scale is right, it's 2.8lbs. That's weighing it inside the box with styro.

Just out of curiosity, how difficult is it to come by one of the Panasonic-released 3DO joysticks? I've seen boxed ones in some collection photos here, but never on eBay (not that I've really looked that hard though). I would definitely like to have one of those..

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:36 pm

They are a bit of a pain to get but they do show up now and then but I've only ever seen them on Yahoo! Auctions Japan. That's where I got mine and they never show up on ebay Japan.

Austin

Post by Austin » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:48 pm

Hm. Did you manage to use the site all in Japanese as it is, or is there an English option somewhere? It does seem like there's a much wider selection of import titles (No joysticks at the moment, unfortunately).

3DO Experience
3DO ZONE ADMIN

Post by 3DO Experience » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:59 pm

I used to use Altavista to translate them but now with so many extensions for Firefox I use multiple translators to get the best idea of what they say. You need to be sure the person ships to the USA too!